Yesterday, many Finnish citizens were surprisingly presented by the following message when trying to watch their favorite Youtube videos. “Video sisältää materiaalia, jonka omistaa TEOSTO. Video ei ole käytettävissä kotimaassasi.” It translates into “Video content owned by Teosto. The video can not be used in your country.” This is a result of Youtube not being able reach a licensing deal with local performance rights organization Teosto. As a result, many popular Youtube videos had to be pulled down. In the tutorial below, you can find instructions on how to unblock Youtube Videos in Finland using VPN.
How to Unblock Youtube Videos in Finland
How to Unblock Youtube Videos in Finland with VPN
In order to watch any Youtube video you want in Finland, you have to hide your Finnish IP address. One way of doing so, and probably the easiest, is by using VPN. A virtual private network allows you to mask your IP address and appear to be browsing the web from a different country instead. In simple terms, you can trick Youtube into thinking you are in USA instead of Finland. Hence, no more blocked videos.
- Setting up VPN is simple. First, sign up with a VPN provider.
- Secondly, download the VPN app on the device you want to watch Youtube videos on.
- Connect to a VPN server via the VPN app.
- Watch any blocked Youtube Video you want in Finland.
- Besides Youtube videos, you can use VPN to unblock geo-blocked USA, UK, Australian, or French streaming channels. The likes of Hulu, HBO GO, BBC iPlayer, all become accessible with VPN.
- VPN encrypts all your traffic. Your ISP will not be able to trace your torrent downloads.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use to get around regional Youtube blocks. Their VPN servers also help you get around geoblocks imposed on all streaming channels not available in Finland.
How to Watch Youtube Videos in Finland using VPN – Wrap Up
It’s is very likely that the videos which were taken down will soon become available again. You do have to wait until Youtube and Teosto agree a new licensing deal though. In the meantime, simply use VPN to bypass regional restrictions and watch any video you want securely.