How to watch Italian TV abroad? The Boot will only give you the boot if you allow it to. Just because you’re out of Italy doesn’t mean you have to abandon your roots. In fact, you can nourish them whether you are in the UK, the US, Australia or Canada by watching Italian series, movies, and programmes. Even as an Italian expat, you can still stay connected to Italy no matter where your feet take you. You can also watch Italian TV in any part of the world without having to encounter error messages or blockades. This is easily achieved via a VPN service provider. It helps users bypass geo-restrictions knowing it’s completely safe and won’t get them in trouble. Here’s how you can get Italian TV outside Italy on your PC, Mac, Android, Apple TV, Smart TV, and iOS operating systems using a VPN abroad.
How to watch Italian TV abroad
How to Watch Italian TV Abroad Using a VPN
Two giant media channels dominate Italian TV: the publicly owned Radiotelevisione Italiana (RAI) and the satellite TV network SkyItalia. These two are big in Italy, so it wouldn’t come off as a surprise if Italian expats would want to keep those channels streaming where they have relocated. In order to make that happen, a VPN must be involved. A VPN works by connecting your device to one of its servers spread across different countries around the world. It creates a private network through which all your data passes through and gets encrypted in. This process anonymizes your identity (by giving you a new IP) and protects your data (thanks to encryption methods). Now that you know how a VPN works, here’s how you use it to watch Italian TV abroad using a virtual private network:
- First, you need to sign up for a VPN service. Go for trustworthy VPNs like ExpressVPN.
- Now that you have created your VPN account, download and install the VPN app on the device which you want to stream Italian TV on.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server in Italy.
- Your new Italian IP address makes it look like you’re located in Italy.
- This method not only allows you to watch Italian TV but any content from around the world.
There are plenty of service providers competing for the number one spot topping all service providers, however, one VPN shines the brightest, and that is ExpressVPN. This service provider ensures the bypassing of geo-restrictions at fast speeds through user-friendly apps. Plus they offer a 30-day refund policy and 24/7 customer service. You can check out other service providers in the table below and our review on the best VPN for Italy.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
Can’t watch Italian TV outside Italy? Yes, we know how frustrating that can be or Italian expats or Italian residents who are traveling abroad. All of those who have tried to access Italian TV were met with an error, except for those who used a VPN. It’s true that a VPN can defeat geo-restrictions, but that’s not all it has to offer. A VPN goes above and beyond geo-restrictions as it helps users gain anonymity and online security. With that being said, take a look at some of the benefits a VPN has to offer:
- Enables you to access a public connection safely.
- Improves online security.
- Allows p2p torrenting.
- Bypasses worldwide geo-restrictions.
- Hides the users’ IP addresses.
- Unblocks websites and avoid filters.
- Grants remote access to files.
- Enables users to share large files safely.
Watch Italian TV Abroad
Due to strict geo-restrictions in Italy, the national broadcaster is unauthorized to provide Italian TV to those who are located outside Italy. Luckily, Italian expats and many other Italian TV fans can rely on a VPN to get them the content they need. Do you have a VPN preference? Which one do you think would serve you best with unblocking Italian TV abroad?