Watching your favorite movies and TV shows is a must for practically everyone, Stan is one of the streaming providers available in Australia. If you are living outside Australia and are geoblocked by Stan for not residing in the country, you can bypass the geographical restrictions by using VPN. Stan can be used to watch movies and shows on a Smart TV, Xbox, PS4, Apple TV, Android, iPhone, PC, and Chromecast. To be able to watch content on Stan, you need to spoof your online location in New Zealand, UK, USA, France, Canada, or Germany. By using VPN, watching Stan outside Australia is now possible.
How to Unblock and Watch Stan outside Australia with VPN
How to Watch Stan outside of Australia using a VPN
A Virtual Private Network works in a quite simple manner while only masking your computer while surfing through the Internet. It will provide you with an Australian IP address to use over your current IP address, hence appearing to the website as a local resident of Australia. VPN will bypass the geographical restrictions and thus allow you to unblock Stan outside Australia.
- The first and most vital thing you are going to want to do is to sign up for a quality VPN from leading brands.
- Next, you are to download and install the VPN software on the devices which you want to unblock and allow streaming on.
- An interesting advantage to using a VPN is that it covers you with an extra layer of security and privacy for your browsing and streaming. This is achieved by encrypting your traffic.
- Connecting to an Australia VPN server unblocks all Australian channels simultaneously. Watch SBS, TenPlay, Stan, Presto, ABC iView, and others abroad.
ExpressVPN is a VPN provider you could use to unblock Stan outside Australia. They do provide 24/7 support and have multiple Australian VPN servers. Of course, there are other VPN providers you can also use to unblock geoblocked channels like Stan abroad.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
How to Watch Stan outside Australia with Smart DNS Proxies
Just in case you’re looking for an alternative solution to unblock geoblocked channels abroad, you can use Smart DNS proxies instead of VPN to bypass geo-restrictions. The only disadvantage here is that Smart DNS neither encrypts your traffic nor hides your IP address. So, from an Internet privacy point of view, VPN is the far superior option.
- Smart DNS is compatible with all streaming devices. You can set up Smart DNS on PS4, PS3, Xbox, Apple TV, Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Wii, PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Once you set up Smart DNS, you get to unblock almost all popular American channels abroad.
- The channels you can unblock depend on the Smart DNS proxy service you are using. In other words, you only get access to limited blocked websites.
- Smart DNS does not function well in the presence of transparent proxies or DNS hijacking.
- Unlike VPN, you cannot manually choose your new virtual location with Smart DNS.
If you want to give Smart DNS a try, head over to Unlocator. You can sign up for a completely free 7-day trial. No credit card needed. In total, Unlocator supports unblocking around 220 different channels from across the world.
How to Unblock Stan outside Australia?
The VPN method is frequently used to unblock and watch geoblocked channels overseas. Using a VPN allows you to access Australian channels like Stan. Presto. SBS. ABC iView. and others outside Australia.