Are going berzerk on Kodi add-ons? Don’t stop; there’s a lot more you can get. I’m pretty sure you haven’t come across ITV yet. Am I right? Well, it’s basically because the add-on needs more work than the other add-ons you’re used to getting. It’s ok if you’re not in the know. Once you go through this guide, you’ll be able install the ITV on Kodi and also unblock it if you’re outside the UK. Read on and take notes. Here we go.
Before We Begin – Sign Up with ITV
Before you sink your teeth into what ITV has to offer on Kodi, you need to create an account. Yeah, I’m sure it’s a bit shocking since the channel is for free, but that’s just how it is. If you’re not familiar with the process, scroll a bit further and learn how to create a free ITV account:
- Visit ITV’s official website.
- Click on the “Sign in” button as shown in the image below.
- You’re a new user. Therefore, choose Sign Up Now.
- Fill in the required information followed by “WC1X 0AA” as Postcode.
- Now you need to agree to their Terms and Conditions. Check that and click Submit to proceed.
- Once you get an email address, follow the link provided inside to confirm your account.
- Have fun.
Get ITV on Kodi – Simple Steps
So, I have Kodi Leia, and I tried to get ITV Hub to work. Technically, I found two methods, and I’m going to share them with you. You can pick whichever one that suits you best and proceed with the process. Here they are.
The first one relies on you downloading the Noobs and Nerds Repository. This is how it all goes down:
- As a first step, you need to Allow Unknown Sources. You can do so by heading clicking on the Gear Icon (Settings) -> System Settings.
- Select Add-ons and flick the dot next to Unknown Sources.
- Now, you need to install the third-party Noobs and Nerds repository. That’s why you need to head over to File Manager.
- Do you see the Add Source section underneath Profile Directory? Double Click that.
- Now, you need to add the URL for the repository. Click on None and enter the following: “http://nan.aftermathwizard.net/nanrepo/”. Don’t use the quotations.
- Name the file Noobs and Nerds and hit Ok.
- Then, go back to Add-ons -> My Add-ons and click on the two dots on top of the list.
- Next, tap on Install from Zip File.
- Navigate through the list until you find your “Noobs and Nerds” file.
- Click on the file and choose the “noobsandnerds Repo 2.0” just like in the image below.
- You can now enjoy a lot of add-ons from this repository. However, we’re seeking one; ITV. Go to Install from Repository.
- You’ll find the Noobs and Nerds Repo on the list. Click on that.
- Inside the Repository, click on Video Add-ons.
- Search for ITV’s Add-on.
- Found it? Click on the Install Button.
- The installation process shouldn’t take more than seven seconds. Now, click on Open or head back to your Main Screen and launch the add-on there.
It’s just like the one above. Follow the steps right till step number 4 and continue with this walkthrough:
- In the URL section, enter the following path: “https://fusion.tvaddons.co/” Without the quotations, of course.
- Name the file Fusion and click on OK to proceed.
- On your Main Screen, select Add-ons and click on the Package Installer Icon.
- On the next page, select Install from Zip File.
- Search for Fusion and tap on it.
- More options will unfold once you click on Fusion. Now, hit “Kodi-Repos.”
- After that, select English -> “Repository.Catchup4kodi-.1.4.zip”
- You’ll notice a pop-up notification on the top right of your screen. It’s informing you that LittleWiz Repo has been enabled.
- Repository installed. Now it’s time to go back Add-ons -> Install from Repository.
- Select Littlewiz Repo.
- Choose Video Add-ons and search for ITV.
- Install it and head back to your Home Screen.
- There you have it; now you have ITV on your Kodi-compatible device.
How to Watch ITV on Kodi in USA, Australia, or else outside the UK
If you currently live in the United Kingdom, the above instructions should be enough for you to watch ITV on your Kodi-enabled device. However, due to regional restrictions, you cannot use the ITV Kodi addon in the USA, Canada, Australia, unless you spoof your online location first. Luckily, you can do so with ease using a Virtual Private Network.
You see, a VPN hides your public IP address and replaces it with one based in the country where the server you connected to is located. In your case, you need to connect to a UK server. Once you do that, you’ll receive a British IP Address, which allows you to stream ITV anywhere in the world.
That’s not all. If you’re using Kodi, you might get the urge to expand your add-ons’ number. Do whatever you want. All you have to do is stay away from those that violate copyright laws. This will get you in trouble. However, with a VPN, your IP address will be cloaked. That should solve the problem. Remember, I’m helping you out for the sake of your streaming experience not because I want you to go and break the law.
It is an easy and straight forward process. Check it out:
- Subscribe to a credible VPN service provider that has VPN servers in the UK, such as ExpressVPN.
- Get their dedicated client and install it on Windows, macOS, iPhone, iPad, or Android.
- Navigate through the server list and connect to a UK server.
- You can now stream the best British content on UK Kodi add-ons including ITV, BBC, and the likes.
So, it’s not ExpressVPN? Don’t worry; there’s plenty more where that came from. Here are the top VPNs for Kodi.[tableDate]
How to Install ITV Player on Kodi 17 Krypton
Just in case you do run into any issues while installing ITV on Kodi, don’t be shy to give me a shout out in the comments below. Remember to use a VPN to unblock ITV outside the UK, alright?