How to install Kodi on Chromecast? Kodi is a great home entertainment hub while Chromecast is one of the most used streaming devices in the world. That’s why many people search for ways to install Kodi on Chromecast. In this guide, you can find instructions on how to cast Kodi on Chromecast via Android, PC, or Mac. iOS devices are not covered. Unfortunately, casting Kodi to Chromecast via iPhone or iPad is not supported
Install Kodi on Chromecast How to Setup Guide
How to install Kodi on Chromecast from Android
There are two methods to setup Kodi on Chromecast. The first, preferable, method involves downloading some apps of the Google Play Store. It takes a bit more effort but will save your Android’s battery life in the long run as compared to the second method.
Install Kodi on Chromecast for Android – Method One
- The first thing you have to do is download and install the following apps on your Android.
- You also need to download the PlayFactoryCore XML file.
- Launch ES File Explorer and go to Settings -> Display Settings. Check ‘Show Hidden Files’.
- From the upper bar, select the search function and type in playcorefactory.xml.
- Long-click on the file and select ‘Copy’ from the lower bar.
- Go back to ES File Explorer home.
- Go to ‘Local Storage’ -> ‘Android’ -> ‘Data’ -> org.xbmc.kod -> Files -> ‘.kodi’ ->’userdata’.
- Paste the playercorefactory.xml file here.
- Launch Kodi and select the video you want to cast to your Chromecast.
- The Localcast app will automatically open.
- Select your Chromecast device.
- Select Play.
- The video you have chosen should not stream on your TV via the Chromecast app.
How to Install Kodi on Chromecast for Android – Method Two
This method is shorter, but it will drain your Android device’s battery life quicker.
- Download the Google Cast app to your Android and install it if you have not done so already.
- Launch the Google Cast app.
- Select ‘Cast Video/Audio’ from the menu (The three horizontal lines).
- Select your Chromecast device under ‘Cast to’.
- Launch the Kodi app and select the video you want to watch.
- The video will now stream to your TV.
The main issue with method two is that your Android device will have to keep streaming the video i.e. you cannot use your Android for anything else as long as your are using it to cast Kodi to Chromecast.
How to Install Kodi on Chromecast for PC/Mac
- First, you have to install the Chrome browser if you have not done so already.
- Install the Chromecast extension to your Chrome browser.
- Install Kodi on your Windows PC or Mac OSX.
- Launch the Chrome browser.
- Click on the Chromecast icon in the browser’s far right corner. Select ‘Cast to.’
- Choose ‘Cast Desktop’.
- Launch the Kodi app and choose the video you want to watch.
- The video you have chosen will now cast to Chromecast on your TV.
Install Kodi on Chromecast – Additional Tips and Tricks
If you often use unofficial Kodi addons to stream movies, TV shows, and live TV on Kodi, I highly recommend using VPN. VPN allows you to unblock all geoblocked official Kodi addons such as ABC Family, iPlayer, and ITV. VPN also encrypts your traffic and hides your IP address. That means that neither your ISP or potential copyright trolls will be able to eavesdrop on your streaming activities on Kodi.
If you are serious about your privacy, and don’t want to receive any copyright infringement notices, use VPN to stream movies and TV shows anonymously on Kodi. The best VPN provider to use with Kodi is ExpressVPN. You can also check out the other top VPN services for online anonymity below.
Last Updated Today
How to Install Kodi on Chromecast Setup Guide
If you only want to use Kodi on Chromecast every now and then, use the second Kodi Chromecast installation method. If you are an everyday streamer like me, use the first method as it will free up your Android device while you are casting your Kodi to Chromecast. Remember to use VPN for additional privacy and anonymity.