How to install Kodi 17.3 Krypton on iOS 10? You’re probably aware that the Kodi app can’t really be found anywhere on the App store. In your resolve to get Kodi to work on your Apple device, jailbreaking it might have been one of your options. Thinking through the issue for a while prompted you to search the Internet for any other last minute alternatives you could employ before you go ahead with something you’re not that comfortable with, and by good chance, you’ve bumped into this article. That’s exactly how I’m guessing you’ve landed on this page; and If so, count yourself lucky. I’m going to show you how to install Kodi on iPhone or iPad without Jailbreaking, and if you’re keen enough, you’re going to be streaming through Kodi on your device by the end of this article. Let’s begin.
How to Install Kodi on iPhone or iPad without Jailbreak
Don’t Risk It – Use VPN
Illegal or pirated streams via third-party Kodi addons and similar apps have been getting lots of publicity in the last couple of months. Copyright trolls in the UK, USA, Canada, and Australia have been cracking down on such streams. It is always advised to encrypt your traffic and hide your IP address whenever you go online. By using virtual private network, you can browse the web anonymously. All you have to do is download and install a VPN app and then connect to a VPN server. Once done, your IP address is hidden and you get to take advantage of the following features.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, IPVanish is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best VPNs in 2017 below.
How to Install Kodi on iPhone or iPad using Cydia Impactor
We’re going to start off by looking at probably the easiest way to install Kodi on your iPhone or iPad. That would be by using Cydia Impactor, a well known app available for both Windows and Apple devices that allows owners to download and install non-App Store/non-Windows Store apps. To start off, you’ll have to download Cydia impactor, and also the most recent Kodi.IPA file.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac. Incase iTunes automatically opens when you plug your iOS device in, close it off before you go any further.
- Launch Cydia Impactor then drag-and-drop the Kodi IPA file you downloaded earlier onto the app.
- Ensure your iOS device is selected in the drop-down menu, then click Start.
- The app will ask for an Apple ID login. It’s verified with Apple, and is only used to sign the IPA file, but you can use an alternative Apple ID if privacy is a concern.
- As soon as the app has been installed, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management (this might differ slightly based on your version of iOS), identify the profile with your specific Apple ID and open it.
- Tap the Trust button to ‘trust’ the new Kodi app on your apple device.
- Launch the app and enjoy the many benefits available to Kodi users.
We’ve tried to make the instructions as simple enough for that method to work, but incase it doesn’t, you can read on to know how to install Kodi on your iPhone or iPad using Xcode; another compatibility enabling application.
How To Install Kodi on iPhone or iPad using Xcode
To use Xcode you’ll need 3 things:
As soon as you have the deb file saved in your desktop and the others on your Mac, we’re ready to begin.
- Start by plugging in your iPad/iPhone into your Mac. Once done, open Xcode.
- Choose to ‘Create a new Xcode project’. Ensure ‘Application’ is highlighted on the left, then select ‘Single View Application’. Click Next.
- Go on to identify the application you want to create. Enter the Product Name as Kodi, and Organisation Identifier as something unique to you. Leave the other fields or options as they are, and choose to make the app Universal. Click Next.
- Select a location for your Git repository on the next box. You could choose to save it on the desktop. Click Next.
- Choose to deny Xcode access to your contacts.
- An error message will pop up in the middle of the Xcode screen. It should read ‘No codesigning identities found’. Click on ‘Fix issue’, then Add… on the next dialogue box. Type in your Apple ID and sign in.
- Back on the main screen you’ll see a message that reads “To fix this issue, select a Development Team to use for provisioning”. Choose the one Development Team that’s there, and Xcode will get busy ‘resolving the issues’. Everything should be OK in a few minutes.
- Launch App Signer by clicking on the icon you saved to your desktop after unzipping the download. Where it says Input file, Browse for the Kodi deb file we had downloaded earlier and hit Open. The Signing Certificate that appears should be already filled in, but for the Provisioning Profile, select the desired identifier we set up in step 3. Then click Start
- Type in a file name for the Save As field and click Save. App Signer will unpack the data and save the file. When finished it’ll say Done.
- Head back to Xcode and select Devices. Choose your iOS device. Once done, scroll down for the small plus sign and click it. Remember, you’ll find it on the right pane. Locate and select the .ipa file iOS APP Signer generated in step 9 and click Open. The Kodi app will appear under Installed Apps as soon as it is done installing.
- Disconnect your iOS device. As you look through it you’ll see the Kodi icon, and after you tap on it, an ‘Untrusted Developer’ message might pop up. Ignore this by tapping Cancel. After this, head to Settings>Device Management>Developer App and choose to Trust “[account name]”. Tap Trust again, and you’ll never get the Untrusted Developer notification again.
- You’re done! Head back to your home screen and tap on the icon to run the app.
How to Install Kodi on iOS 10 – Final Thoughts
Following these instructions should ensure you’re easily able to install Kodi on your iPhone or iPad, and enjoy the vast variety of channels offered by Kodi. Incase you run into any issues, leave us a comment below with your query, and we’ll be sure to get back to you.