Kodi is an open-source media player that you can’t easily find in the App store. If Kodi is unavailable to you for download, you can still install it on your device. While jailbreaking might have been your first option to resolve the Kodi unavailability issue, other ways can help you get the media center on your iPhone or iPad.
In this article, I’m going to show you how to install Kodi on the iPhone or iPad without jailbreaking. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be streaming content via Kodi on your iOS devices in no time.
How to Install Kodi on iPhone or iPad without Jailbreak
Use a VPN at all Times
In the past months, Kodi users have received a lot of heat for downloading illegal and pirated streams via third-party Kodi add-ons. Copyright trolls were able to get to the bottom of these unethical practices, and many users had to face some consequences. This is why I advise you to hide your IP address that reveals who you are and where you are connecting from.
However, if you disguise your online identity, you’ll be able to browse the web anonymously and download all the Kodi-addons you want without being monitored. What you need to do to make that happen is subscribe to a VPN app and then connect to a VPN server. Once your IP address is replaced by another, you get to benefit from all that a VPN has to offer:
- Get past geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: Many Kodi add-ons don’t work unless they are in the location where they were originally designed. But, with VPN, you can bypass these regional restrictions and access the add-ons of your choosing.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: The ISP stops throttling your connection and allows you to stream content online without any buffering or lagging.
- Security and Privacy: By connecting to a VPN, you would be wrapping your data with robust encryption protocols that keep it secure at all times.
- VPN Applications: You can easily set up a VPN connection with the user-friendly VPN apps available on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
Best VPN for Installing Kodi
is an excellent choice for accessing geo-restricted services
like Kodi add ons. Also, the provider allows torrenting with no restrictions on bandwidth
or data usage. Personally, ExpressVPN has proved to be the best VPN service
on the market, especially with Kodi.
The company’s servers are optimized to work better with Kodi add-ons, and that’s not something you find in just any VPN provider. But, if you insist on exploring other options, you can check the list of the best VPNs in 2019 below.
Last Updated Yesterday
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Install Kodi on iOS using TweakBox
To kick it off here’s an effortless way of installing Kodi on your iOS devices:
- On your iPhone or iPad, Visit TweekBox’s website.
- Tap on Install Now.
- You will then get a message to allow access.
- Click Allow.
- You might need to type in your Password.
- Click Install again.
- Once the app is installed, select Done to exit.
- The TweakBox app is now on the Home Screen.
Now to install Kodi, you must do the following:
- Launch the TweakBox app.
- Press on Apps and select Appstore Apps.
- In the search bar, type Kodi.
- Select Kodi and hit install.
- When you try to open Kodi, you’ll get an Untrusted Enterprise Developer warning.
- Open Settings, then click General.
- Select Profiles & Device Management.
- Choose the text located underneath the Enterprise App.
- Click Trust.
- When prompted, click Trust again.
- Go back and use Kodi freely on iPhone and iPad.
Install Kodi on iPhone or iPad using Cydia Impactor
One of the easiest ways to install Kodi on your iPhone or iPad is via Cydia Impactor, a well-known app available for both Windows and Apple devices. This app allows owners to download and install non-App Store/non-Windows Store apps. To start, you’ll have to download Cydia impactor as well as the most recent Kodi.IPA file.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac. In case iTunes automatically opens when you plug your iOS device in, close it off before you go any further.
- Launch Cydia Impactor then drag-and-drop the Kodi IPA file you downloaded earlier onto the app.
- Ensure your iOS device is selected in the drop-down menu, then click Start.
- The app will ask for an Apple ID login. It’s verified with Apple and is only used to sign the IPA file, but you can use an alternative Apple ID if privacy is a concern.
- As soon as you install the app, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management (this might differ slightly based on your version of iOS).
- Identify the profile with your specific Apple ID and open it.
- Tap the Trust button to ‘trust’ the new Kodi app on your Apple device.
- Launch the app and enjoy the many benefits available to Kodi users.
We’ve tried to make the instructions as simple as possible. But, in case the method doesn’t work, read on to know how you can install Kodi on your iPhone or iPad using Xcode another compatibility enabling the application.
Install Kodi on iPhone or iPad using Xcode
To use Xcode, you’ll need three things:
As soon as you have the deb file saved on your desktop and the others on your Mac, I can begin instructing:
- Start by plugging in your iPad/iPhone into your Mac. Once done, open Xcode.
- Choose ‘Create a new Xcode project.’ Ensure ‘Application’ is highlighted on the left, then select ‘Single View Application.’ Click Next.
- Go on to identify the application you want to create. Enter the Product Name as Kodi, and Organisation Identifier as something unique to you. Leave the other fields or options as they are, and choose to make the app Universal. Click Next.
- Select a location for your Git repository on the next box. You could choose to save it on the desktop. Click Next.
- Choose to deny Xcode access to your contacts.
- An error message will pop up in the middle of the Xcode screen. It should read ‘No codesigning identities found.’ Click on ‘Fix issue,’ then Add… on the next dialogue box. Type in your Apple ID and sign in.
- Back on the main screen, you’ll see a message that reads, “To fix this issue, select a Development Team to use for provisioning.” Choose the one Development Team that’s there, and Xcode will get busy ‘resolving the issues.’ Everything should be OK in a few minutes.
- Launch App Signer by clicking on the icon you saved to your desktop after unzipping the download. Browse for the Kodi deb file and hit Open. The Signing Certificate that appears should be already filled in, but for the Provisioning Profile, select the desired identifier. Then, click Start.
- Type in a file name for the Save As field and click Save. App Signer will unpack the data and save the file. When finished it’ll say Done.
- Head back to Xcode and select Devices. Choose your iOS device. Once done, scroll down for the small plus sign and click on it. Remember, you’ll find it on the right pane. Locate and select the ipa file iOS app Signer generated in step 9 and click Open. The Kodi app will appear under Installed Apps as soon as it is done installing.
- Disconnect your iOS device. As you look through it, you’ll see the Kodi icon, and after you tap on it, an ‘Untrusted Developer’ message might pop up. Ignore this by tapping Cancel. After this, head to Settings>Device Management>Developer App and choose to Trust “[account name].” Tap Trust again, and you’ll never get the Untrusted Developer notification again.
- You’re done! Head back to your home screen and tap on the icon to run the app.
Install Kodi on iOS 10 – Final Thoughts
If you follow these instructions, you can easily install Kodi on your iPhone or iPad and enjoy the variety of channels that it has to offer. In case you run into any issues, leave me a comment below with your query, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.