How to install NHL.TV on Kodi 17 Krypton or Kodi 18 Leia. The 2018/2019 National Hockey League season is almost here. If you’re into Ice Hockey, you’re probably looking for a way to watch the NHL on Kodi. Many sports fans don’t actually know that NHL.tv has an official plugin which you can find in the Kodi add-on repository. Here’s how to install the official NHL.TV Kodi addon on PC, Mac, Android, FireStick, or Raspberry Pi.
How to Install NHL.TV Kodi Addon
The NHL.TV addon is hands-down the best addon you can use to watch ice hockey on Kodi. Before we go into details on how to setup the NHL Kodi addon, please note that you will need a NHL.tv subscription in order to sign in. In case you live in USA, you won’t be able to watch some live games on NHL.tv due to blackout restrictions unless you connect to a VPN server outside USA first. The NHL.tv addon can be found in the official Kodi repository. Here’s how you can set it all up.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Click on NHL.tv -> Install.
- Wait until you see the NHL.tv Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including NHL.tv, will appear here.
Alternatively, you could download the official Kodi NHL.tv add-on from here, and then set it up by clicking on ‘Install from Zip File’ instead of ‘Install from repository’.
How to Bypass NHL.TV Addon Blackouts in USA with VPN
As previously mentioned, you won’t be able to watch all live NHL games using the NHL.tv addon due to blackouts.. You can use VPN however to geo-spoof your online location and unblock geoblocked Kodi addons including NHL.tv. Here are some of the features you can obtain by using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2017 below.[tableDate]
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Watch NHL on Kodi Live – Wrap Up
You might find third-party addons that allow you to watch NHL live for free on Kodi, but lots of these addons offer poor quality streams. Not to mention that they might not be entirely legal to use. To stay on the safe side, and watch NHL in HD on Kodi, use the official NHL.TV Kodi plugin.
13 thoughts on “How to Install NHL.TV Kodi Addon”
Hi. The NHL apps jet will not load on my fire tv, no matter how long i wait. I have Kodi 17.4. Can you explain?
I have the nhl tv app and I entered my username and password all worked fine but when I stream a game I can only get multi cam streams not the home or away.
I live in Ottawa, Canada and have an NHL subscription and the NHL app. I login to the app using MyRogers Gamecentre live. I can access all games except those in the local market. My ISP is Bell Fibe and I have IPvanish on my ANdroid device but I still can’t access the Ottawa games. I have a couple of questions:
1) Does the app use GPS to find my location? if so, can I get around that?
2) Is it probable that Bell has a method of identifying my location even if I use IPvanish?
Nate did you find a fix?
I have an nhl.tv account but when I try to install the add-on from the repository I get an error that says “failed to install dependency”. Any idea on how to fix that?
Try using the zip file method instead.
I had to figure this one out last night- to get nhl.tv to install on kodi 17.1 Nowhere could I find a repo with the pytz module, which was the dependency that kept making the nhl.tv install fail. Even though most docs said that it should be an auto-updating no-brainer, it wasn’t for me. but I’m a noob to all of this… So, I set up a shared windows folder on my home computer & network and put a file named “script.module.pytz-2014.2.zip” on there. (I got it from here ‘https://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/xbmc/addons/krypton/script.module.pytz/’ ) , right-click to download. Then I went to addons>install from zip and pointed to my new file share and that file. After that NHL.TV installed without a hitch.
Amateur instructions for sure, but it worked for me. HTH
Hi. I downloaded nhl tv and have a subscription so i logged in, but when i was trying to watch some preseason highlights, a notification came up saying “Playback Failed: One of more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message”. Is there a way to fix this? I’m worried I won’t be able to watch live games.
I too have successfully added on NHL.tv per your instructions, however, I do have an NHL subscription and it will not let me watch the games via kodi saying that my login is invalid. Through troubleshooting I verified my information and re-logged in on the kodi addon only to get the same message. Are there any other ways to log in through kodi or is there a reason my login information is not correct on kodi’s add on when it is correct via the actual NHL.tv website?
Hi Zach. From which region are you trying to watch NHL.tv?
Hi Charles: I just successfully installed the NHL TV add-on using your instructions but each game I clicked on said there are no streams available. Is this an error because I would think there are some game available, even though it’s exhibition. Is it possible I need to have a NHL TV account?
Appreciate any information.
Hi Geoff. You do need an NHL.TV subscription for the NHL TV addon to work. It’s mentioned in the guide above.