How to install NHL.TV on Kodi 17 Krypton or Kodi 18 Leia. The 2018/2019 National Hockey League season is almost here. If you’re into Ice Hockey, you’re probably looking for a way to watch the NHL on Kodi. Many sports fans don’t actually know that NHL.tv has an official plugin which you can find in the Kodi add-on repository. Here’s how to install the official NHL.TV Kodi addon on PC, Mac, Android, FireStick, or Raspberry Pi.
How to Install NHL.TV Kodi Addon
How to Install NHL.TV Kodi Addon
The NHL.TV addon is hands-down the best addon you can use to watch ice hockey on Kodi. Before we go into details on how to setup the NHL Kodi addon, please note that you will need a NHL.tv subscription in order to sign in. In case you live in USA, you won’t be able to watch some live games on NHL.tv due to blackout restrictions unless you connect to a VPN server outside USA first. The NHL.tv addon can be found in the official Kodi repository. Here’s how you can set it all up.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Click on NHL.tv -> Install.
- Wait until you see the NHL.tv Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including NHL.tv, will appear here.
Alternatively, you could download the official Kodi NHL.tv add-on from here, and then set it up by clicking on ‘Install from Zip File’ instead of ‘Install from repository’.
How to Bypass NHL.TV Addon Blackouts in USA with VPN
As previously mentioned, you won’t be able to watch all live NHL games using the NHL.tv addon due to blackouts.. You can use VPN however to geo-spoof your online location and unblock geoblocked Kodi addons including NHL.tv. Here are some of the features you can obtain by using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2017 below.
Last Updated Yesterday
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Watch NHL on Kodi Live – Wrap Up
You might find third-party addons that allow you to watch NHL live for free on Kodi, but lots of these addons offer poor quality streams. Not to mention that they might not be entirely legal to use. To stay on the safe side, and watch NHL in HD on Kodi, use the official NHL.TV Kodi plugin.