How to add subtitles to Kodi 17 Krypton? Kodi probably is one of the best multimedia platforms around. It allows you to watch your media on your preferred streaming devices. Given that Kodi is highly , it’s no surprise that you can even install subtitles to it. In this help guide, we’ll cover all necessary steps that will allow you to add subtitles to the movies and TV shows you stream on Kodi. The tutorial below has been tested on PC, Mac, Android, Raspberry Pi, and FireStick.
How to Install Subtitles Addons on Kodi 17?
In some cases, the video addon might not have an option to enable subtitles built-in. If that’s the case, follow these instructions.
- After you launch the Kodi app, select ‘Addons’ from the left-hand menu.
- Now click on the ‘Package Installer’ icon in the top-left corner.
- From here, select ‘Install from Repository’.
- Next choose the Kodi addon repository.
- Select ‘Subtitles’.
- You will be presented with various subtitle providers.
- Choose ‘Subscene’ or ‘OpenSubtitles.org’ from the list.
- Now click on ‘Install’.
- Wait for the ‘Subscene Addon Installed’ notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ icon in the top-left corner.
- From here choose ‘Player Settings’ -> ‘Language’
- Under ‘Download Services’, choose your preferred subtitle language.
- Now click on ‘Default TV Show Service’ and choose ‘Subscene’.
- Repeat the same process for ‘Default Movie Service’.
- Congrats. You have successfully install subtitles on Kodi 17.3.
In case you prefer OpenSubtitles.org as your Kodi subtitles providers, make sure you head over to their website and register for a free account first.
How to Enable Subtitles on Kodi 17.3 Krypton?
Many third-party Kodi addons allow you to enable subtitles from within the plugin. Here’s how you can enable subtitles in most third-party for instance.
- Launch the third-party addon.
- Now go to ‘Tools’.
- Select ‘Settings: Subtitles’.
- Finally, make sure you turn ‘Enable Subtitles’ On.
- The next time you watch a movie or TV shows, subtitles will be turned on.
Best VPN for Kodi
Many Kodi addons only work in certain regions such as USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany. To bypass these regional restrictions and watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you want anywhere you want you have to spoof your location online using VPN. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.[tableDate]
How to Enable Subtitles on Kodi 17 – Wrap Up
So, that’s it folks. Adding subtitles to the movies and TV show you watch on Kodi isn’t as difficult as it might seem. Just in case you do run into any issues, leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to help you out.