How to install NRK on Kodi to watch Norwegian TV live online? NRK is the public Norwegian radio and TV station. It probably is the most watched streaming service in Norway along with Viaplay and TV2 Sumo. The NRK Nett TV plugin allows you to watch NRK on any device you have installed Kodi on. This includes your PC, Mac, Android, Raspberry Pi and Amazon FireStick. In the tutorial below, you can find instruction on how to install NRK on Kodi 17.4 Krypton.
How to Install NRK on Kodi – Watch Norwegian TV Live
How to Install NRK on Kodi 17 Krypton
To stream live and on-demand NRK content on Kodi, you need to setup the NRK Web TV addon. Simply follow these steps tp setup NRK on Kodi:
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Addons.
- Click on NRK -> Install.
- Wait until you see the NRK Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including NRK, will appear here.
- Launch the NRK addon.
You can also download the NRK Web TV addon zip file from the official Kodi website. Once done, select ‘Install from Zip File’ to install the NRK addon on Kodi. Please note that if you’re a Norwegian expat currently living in Sweden, Denmark, USA, or anywhere else outside Norway, you won’t be able to watch live or on-demand videos using the NRK addon. This is due to geo-restrictions. To bypass geoblocks imposed on your favorite streaming channels and addons abroad, you have to use VPN.
Best VPN for Kodi – Watch Norwegian TV Abroad
The NRK addon, similarly to many other official Kodi addons, is geoblocked abroad. That means you need to spoof your online location to watch TV shows like SKAM outside Norway. Using VPN is the best way to hide your geo-location and bypass regional restrictions. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons, such as USTVNow, that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2017 below.
Last Updated Today
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Watch Norwegian TV on Kodi Live – Final Thoughts
If you want to watch live Norwegian TV, the NRK plugin is the best there is. The only downside is that you won’t be able to enjoy your favorite channels and TV shows in case you currently live outside Norway. Thankfully using VPN allows you to bypass that hurdle.