How to install BBC iPlayer on Kodi 17? If you’re into live and catchup British TV, then you have definitely watched BBC iPlayer at some time. It is one of the most well-known streaming channels after all. You can now install a BBC iPlayer add on Kodi. Thus, watch the best UK TV free live online. In this article, you can find instructions on how to add BBC iPlayer addon on Kodi Krypton. Note that you also need a UK IP address in order to bypass geographic restrictions imposed on that channel. This help tutorial also includes info on how to use VPN to unblock geo-restricted Kodi addons such as BBC iPlayer.
Install BBC iPlayer on Kodi 17 Krypton
How to Install BBC iPlayer Addon on Kodi Jarvis 16.1
If you live outside the UK, you might find it very difficult to install the BBC iPlayer on Android, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, iPhone, or iPad. You can install the BBC iPlayer Kodi addon from anywhere in the world. Follow this easy-to-follow guide to add BBC iPlayer to your Kodi. Note that you still need to use VPN in order to watch live and on-demand BBC shows via the addon.
- Launch Kodi.
- Go to Videos -> Add-Ons
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Get more.
- Choose iPlayer WWW.
- Click Install.
- An ‘Add-On Enabled’ notification will appear.
- Go back to Videos -> Add-Ons and click on iPlayer WWW.
How to Install BBC iPlayer on Kodi 17 Krypton
If you have upgraded your Kodi version to the latest 17.0 Krypton build, use the following instructions to install BBC iPlayer on Kodi 17.
- Open Kodi and click on ‘Addons’.
- From there, click on the Package Installer Icon in the top-left corner.
- Now select ‘Install from Repository’.
- Choose the Kodi Add-on Repository and then click on ‘Video Addons’.
- Select iPlayer WWW from the list and then select ‘Install’.
- Wait for the ‘Addon Enabled notification’ and then go back to your Kodi homescreen.
- Click on Addons -> Video Addons -> iPlayer WWW.
- You have successfully installed BBC iPlayer on Kodi 17 Krypton.
Alternative BBC iPlayer Addon Fix for Kodi 17.1 Krypton
If you’re having issues using the iPlayer WWW on Kodi 17, use this alternative BBC iPlayer addon fix instead.
- The first thing you need to do after launching Kodi Krypton is click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
- Make sure to turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you will not be able to install third-party add-ons.
- When the warning box pops up, click ‘Yes’.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen, and click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- From here, go to File Manager -> Add Source.
- Select None and then enter the following path without the quotes “http://srp.nu”.
- Name it ‘Super’ and click ‘OK’.
- From the Kodi homescreen, select Addons.
- Click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Choose ‘Install from Zip file’ -> Super -> Krypton -> Categories -> Video.
- Select superrepo.kodi.krypton.video-0.7.04.zip and install it.
- Wait until you see the add-on enabled notification.
- Now, select Install from repository.
- Choose the Superrepo Category Video to open it.
- Click on Video Add-ons -> BBC iPlayer and press install.
- Wait until you see the BBC iPlayer Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- All the video addons you install, including BBC iPlayer, will appear here.
Unblock BBC iPlayer Addon on Kodi outside UK with VPN
Although the iPlayer WWW addon is not affiliated with BBC iPlayer, it does use the same streaming URLs as the official BBC app. These URLs are geoblocked. That is why you get the following location error when you try to watch BBC iPlayer on Kodi outside UK. “BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only”. You need a UK IP address in order to unblock BBC iPlayer on Kodi. In order to hide your IP address and appear in UK, you have to use VPN.
- If you want to anonymously stream movies and TV shows on Kodi, you have to connect to a VPN server.
- VPN encrypts your traffic. No ISP eavesdropping on your browsing and thus no copyright infringement notices.
- VPN masks your IP address. You will appear to be connected to the Internet via the VPN server’s IP address.
- A UK VPN server allows you to unblock all UK streaming channels and UK TV Kodi addons. Watch ITV, Channel 4, My5, Sky GO, iPlayer, and Now TV outside UK.
- You can install a VPN app on your PC/Mac, iPhone/iPad, Linux, or Android.
BBC has been blocking VPN services. If you want to use VPN to watch BBC iPlayer on Kodi outside UK, head over to IPVanish. They are tried and tested when it comes to unblocking Kodi addons. You can also use other best VPN providers listed below.
Install BBC iPlayer Kodi 17 Krypton addon – Watch Free Live & Catchup UK TV on Kodi
To wrap it all up, you have to follow two steps to get BBC iPlayer to work on Kodi. 17 First, install the BBC iPlayer Krypton addon. Then, connect to a UK VPN server to bypass the regional restrictions.