Opera is one of the few browsers whose team was smart enough to go ahead and design an inbuilt VPN service that allows their customers to cover up their tracks in case they’d want to stay anonymous, or hide their location if they’d want to access restricted websites. If you already have your Amazon Fire Stick set up, then you might want to consider installing Opera VPN so that you can stream your favourite TV shows, movies and live broadcasts from regionally restricted websites and Kodi. We’ve done some research on our end, to check whether it’s actually possible to install Opera VPN onto your Amazon Fire Stick. You can find the results below.
How To Install Opera VPN on FireStick
Installing Opera VPN on FireStick – How Possible Is It?
Before we go through the steps, there are probably a few individuals who might still be skeptical about how possible it is to install the app, and this is expected. Amazon’s Fire Stick software isn’t the most compatible, so it might take longer than usual to get it to work with Opera VPN especially if you’re not quite sure about what you’re doing.
The two things you need to be aware about are mainly the fact that Fire Stick is setup to have a landscape view, and you pretty much won’t be able to change that. The other thing is the lack of touch screen support. You’ll have to stick to using your mouse & keyboard, remote, or any other controllers to navigate through the service.
Therefore, most VPNs don’t work properly on the Fire Stick. This, unfortunately, included Opera VPN
How to Install VPN on FireStick
Although most VPN service providers don’t offer an Amazon Fire TV compatible VPN application, some of them do. IPVanish and BulletVPN are both prime examples. Follow the instructions below to setup IPVanish on your FireStick.
- First head over to ExpressVPN and register your VPN account.
- Launch your Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV.
- Go to ‘Apps’ at the top of your home screen.
Go to Apps
- Now select ‘Categories’ -> ‘Utility’.
- Choose the ExpressVPN app. In case you cannot find the ‘Utility’ section on your FireStick, simply use the search function and look for ExpressVPN on the Amazon Store instead.
- Next, Select the ‘Get’ button to download the app.
- Once it has downloaded and installed, choose ‘Open’.
- Then, sign into the VPN app using your IPVanish Username and Password.
- Finally, choose the VPN server location you wish to connect to.
Once the VPN connection has been established, simply click the home button on your Fire Stick remote control.
Conclusion on Installing OperaVPN on Your FireStick
The ten steps we’ve outlined above are sure to see you through a stable VPN connection, as long as you’ve made sure to implement them in the right manner. If you experience any problems, or you’d just like to leave us some feedback, please do so through the comment section below. We’d be glad to hear from you.