How to download, update, and install Kodi 17.6 Krypton? The XBMC installment, dubbed Kodi 17.6, will be the last before the long-awaited release of the new Kodi 18 Leia version. As with previous updates such as Kodi 17.4 and Kodi 17.5, the new version contains various bug fixes. Other than that, it’s pretty much the same as its predecessors. Still, it’s always advised to keep your Kodi app up-to-date. To update your Kodi application to Kodi 17.6 on PC, Mac, Android, FireStick, or Raspberry Pi, simply follow the instructions below.
Kodi 17.6 Download and Install Guide
Kodi 17.6 Krypton Update – Content Index
How to Download and Install Kodi 17.6 Update?
You can follow the steps below to update and install Kodi 17.6 on your PC, Mac, or Raspberry Pi. In case you’re using an Android TV Box, you can alternatively head over to Google Play Store and perform the update from there. The addons you have already installed and your previous Kodi configuration will not be erased if you install the Kodi 17.6 update.
- First, head over to the official Kodi download page.
- From there, choose your operating system.
Install Kodi 17.5 Krypton Update
- Once the pop-up window shows up, choose ‘Recommended.
- Now click on the blue button next to ‘Release’.
How to Install Kodi 17.5
- The Kodi 17.6 Krypton installation file will now begin to download.
- Once you’ve downloaded the file, all you have to do is open it to launch the installation process.
How to Install Kodi 17.6 on FireStick
If you’re using the Kodi app on your Amazon Fire TV or FireStick, follow these steps to download and install the Kodi 17.6 update:
- On your Amazon Fire TV or FireStick, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘System’ -> ‘Developer Options.’
- Turn on ‘Allow apps from unknown sources.’
- From the Amazon Fire Stick main menu, go to ‘Search.’
- Type ‘ES Explorer’.
- Click on the ES Explorer app icon to download and install it.
- Launch the ES Explorer app.
- From the ES Explorer menu, go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Download Manager’ in the left-hand menu.
- Click on ‘+ New’ from the bottom menu.
- For ‘Path’, type https://thevpn.guru/kodi-17-6.apk and click ‘OK’.
- For ‘Name’, input ‘Kodi’.
- Select ‘Download Now’
- The Kodi installation file will now begin to download.
- Once the Kodi apk file is downloaded, click on ‘Open file’ to install it on your FireStick.
- Go back to your FireStick home screen.
- Launch the Kodi 17.6 app on your FireStick.
Kodi 17.6 – What’s New
According to the official Kodi website, the new update contains the following fixes:
- Fix possible crash in crontroller dialog
- Update standard scrapers to lastest version available on release
- Fix possible connection issues with internal webserver
- Fix crash when peripheral joystick add-on is disabled
Best VPN for Kodi 17.6 Krypton
Due to geo-restrictions, you might not be able to watch some or all of the content available in a lot of official Kodi video addons. Using VPN is the best way to hide your geo-location and these bypass regional restrictions. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, IPVanish is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2017 below.
Kodi 17.6 Download and Install Guide – Final Thoughts
Although the XBMC Foundation have not yet set an official release date for Kod 18 Leia, it seems that it won’t be long before we get to try it out. In the meantime, you can use the reliable Kodi 17.6 Krypton version on all your streaming devices.