How to setup Popcornflix Kodi plugin on PC, Windows, FireStick, or Android. Popcornflix offers a broad collection of great movies you can watch right now. The Popcornflix addon for Kodi is one of the few legal, free to the viewer, digital platforms with a dedicated focus on streaming movies. That means there’s no risk involved in using this particular plugin. With all that in mind, here’s how you can install Popcornflix on Kodi 17.4 Krypton.
How to Install PopcornFlix on Kodi 17 Krypton
How to Install Popcornflix on Kodi 17.4 Krypton
Before I go into details on how to setup the Popcornflix Kodi addon, I should note that there are two different versions of Popcornflix: The USA version and the International version. The American Popcornflix version has a much broader library with movies that weren’t released so long ago. Unless you live in the United States, or use VPN, you will not get access to American Popcornflix. Follow the instructions below to setup Popcornflix on Kodi.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Click on Popcornflix -> Install.
- Wait until you see the Popcornflix Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including Popcornflix, will appear here.
Alternatively, you could download the official Popcornflix add-on from here, and then set it up by clicking on ‘Install from Zip File’ instead of ‘Install from repository’.
How to Unblock Popcornflix Addon outside USA
As already stated, Popcornflix does not provide the same content to users outside the USA as it does with users living in USA, no matter where you subscribed from originally. All you have to do is fake your Internet location to appear coming from the USA. You can use VPN however to geo-spoof your online location and unblock geoblocked Kodi addons including American Popcornflix anywhere in the world. Here are some of the features you can obtain by using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.
Last Updated Yesterday
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Install Popcornflix on Kodi – Conclusion
Popcornflix, Crackler, and IPlayer WWW are just some examples of free official Kodi addons that you can use to watch movies and TV shows. Addons like these should definitely be getting a lot more attention.