The 72nd season of NASCAR professional stock car racing in the United States kicked off on February 9th, 2021 with the Busch Clash, followed by the Bluegreen Vacations Duel, and, finally, the 63rd running of the Daytona 500 (February 14th). The racers will compete, trying to one-up each other through 36 different races. We have a lot to cover all the way to November 7th, 2021, but we can manage that in a single guide. NASCAR is a popular racing series, which means there are dozens of channels broadcasting it all over the world. What are they and how can you watch the NASCAR Cup Series 2021 in your region? Find out in this comprehensive guide.
How to Watch NASCAR Cup Series 2021 Live Online
NASCAR Cup Series 2021 Official Broadcasters
As we mention, the NASCAR Cup series has gained huge popularity all over the world. Despite the pandemic we’re all facing now, NASCAR’s viewership saw huge viewership rates.
According to Fox Sports, the race at Darlington averaged 6.32 million viewers. It’s considered to be the most-watched competitive sports event on all television networks after the Daytona 500, which gained 7 million viewers.
Now, this number was only in the US. If we were to speak of global viewership, we’ll definitely be getting hundreds of millions. Speaking of, NASCAR has official broadcasters in a lot of countries. The full list is below, so please check if there’s one in your region.
You’ve seen the list. If you have an official broadcaster, that’s great. However, even if you don’t, you’ll still be able to watch the 2021 series. That’s not a promise, that’s a spoiler.
The channels above apply geo-blocking, so they’re not available for streaming outside the country of origin. They rely on your IP address to determine your location. If you’re not within their area of coverage, they’ll block you instantly.
But that’s all about to change. The following section will show you how to bypass these regional restrictions, access any channel on the list, and watch the 2021 NASCAR Cup series wherever you are.
How to Watch NASCAR 2021 Live with a VPN
The channels mentioned above cannot be viewed outside their respective region. As stated before, your IP address is used to pinpoint your actual whereabouts.
However, with a VPN, you can trick the services into thinking that you’re in any region of your choosing, provided the provider has servers there.
In order to do that, you’ll have to connect to a VPN server based in the United States, for example, if you wish to get Fox Sports. Once connected, you’ll receive a temporary American IP address and spoof your location there.
Now, when you approach the channel again, you’ll notice that the geo-ban has been lifted. As a result, you’ll be able to stream NASCAR 2021 with ease.
The unblocking process is quite simple actually. Just follow the steps below and you’ll be watching the 2021 NASCAR in no time:
- Sign up with a VPN provider. We highly recommend ExpressVPN as its servers are well optimized to unblock any of the services in the list above.
- Download and install the VPN application on your Android, iOS, PC, or Mac.
- Sign in with your newly created VPN account.
- Open the server list and connect to one based on the channel you selected:
- US server for Fox Sports.
- UK server for Premier Sports.
- Canadian server for TSN, etc…
- Now that you have a valid IP address (Check it using this Tool), launch your selected channel.
- Stream the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series live wherever you are.
ExpressVPN is one capable VPN provider. It has servers scattered across 160+ locations and they’re blazing fast as well. On the other hand, this VPN protects your private data using the best and most efficient security features in the industry. If you’d like to know more and check other top providers, then how about you give the table below a quick gander.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- 72% discount on annual plan
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
NASCAR Cup Series 2021
Some races have passed and we’ve seen winners. However, we have a lot more to watch before the year ends, and we’re sure that it’s going to be one heck of a drift.
The schedule was altered a lot due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but the races are still there. You can find below all the races included in this year’s NASCAR Cup.
- Busch Clash (February 9)
- Bluegreen Vacations Duel (February 11)
- Daytona 500 (February 14)
- TBA (February 21)
- Dixie Vodka 400 (February 28)
- Penzzoul 400 presented by Juffy Lube (March 7)
- TBA (March 14)
- Folds of Honor QuickTrip (March 21st)
- Food City Dirty Race (March)
- Virginia 500 (April 10)
- Toyota Owners 400 (April 18)
- GEICO 500 (April 25)
- TVA (May 2)
- Rebel 400 (May 9)
- Drydene 400 (May 16)
- TVA (May 23)
- Coca-Cola 600 (May 30)
- Toyota/Save Mart 350 (June 6)
- NASCAR All-Star Open (June 13)
- NASCAR All-Star Race (June 13)
- TBA (June 20)
- TBA (June 26)
- TBA (June 27)
- TBA (July 4)
- Quaker State 400 (July 11)
- Foxwoods Resort Casino (July 18)
- Go Bowling at The Glen (August 8)
- TBA (August 15)
- FireKeepers Casino 400 (August 22)
- Coke Zero Sugar 400 (August 28)
And the Playoffs Begin
The Cup Championship Playoffs kick off on September 5th,2021, and round up on November 7th, 2021. Here's the full schedule:
- Sept. 5 Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway (NBCSN at 6 p.m.)
- Sept. 11 Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond Raceway (NBCSN at 7:30 p.m.)
- Sept. 18 Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway (NBCSN at 7:30 p.m.)
- Sept. 28 South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (NBCSN at 7 p.m.)
- Oct. 3 YellaWood 500 at Talladega Superspeedway (NBC at 2 p.m.)
- Oct. 10 Bank of America ROVAL 400 at Charlotte Motor Speedway Road Course (NBC at 2:30 p.m.)
- Oct. 17 Hollywood Casino 400 at Kansas Speedway (NBC at 2:30 p.m.)
- Oct. 24 Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway (NBCSN at 3 p.m.)
- Nov. 31 Xfinity 500 at Martinsville at Martinsville Speedway (NBC at 2 p.m.)
- Nov. 7 NASCAR Cup Series Championship at Phoenix Raceway
How to Watch NASCAR 2021 Live Online - Final Thoughts
The playoffs wrap up with the NASCAR Cup Series Championship at Phoenix Raceway. It's good to see some sports still moving on with their series despite the pandemic we're going through.
Now, you have everything you need to watch the 2021 NASCAR series live wherever you are. So, are you excited to see this year's highly anticipated NASCAR? Let us know in the comments below.