How to unblock and watch SuperSport outside South Africa? SuperSport is one of the biggest African online sports channels. Part of the DSTV Network, it mainly offers subscribers the ability to watch major sports competitions from around the world live online. Unfortunately for South African expats living in UK, Australia, USA, or Canada, SuperSport is geoblocked abroad. To watch SuperSport on Android, PC, Mac, iPhone, or iPad outside South Africa, you have to spoof your online location.
How to unblock and watch SuperSport outside South Africa via VPN or Smart DNS Proxy
How to Unblock SuperSport outside South Africa with VPN
The recommended way of getting past the geographical restrictions is by using a Virtual Private Network. Basically a VPN changes your computer’s IP address to trick the servers into thinking that you are in South Africa so they would allow you to stream content on their site. VPNs can also be used for a wide variety of other purposes such as browsing or streaming on other sites such as DSTV and Showmax.
- The VPN that you use has to be installed on all of your devices; lucky for you, VPN’s support many devices including your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- VPNs will give you more reliability and security while you are connected, and will also give you additional privacy.
- When signing up for VPN, look for one with the highest ratings and reviews but also one that suits your needs.
- A major downside to using VPN is the fact that your internet connectivity will drop and become slower.
ExpressVPN is available in the market and comes with great customer reviews. It also has a thirty day refund policy where you can return the service if it is not satisfactory. ExpressVPN should be able to bypass the geographical restrictions by SuperSport without breaking a sweat and make sure that your connection is also secure. If for any reason, ExpressVPN does not work for you; there are many alternatives for VPN’s available at a variety of prices.
How to Watch SuperSport outside South Africa with Smart DNS Proxies
The alternative solution to using VPN is Smart DNS Proxy, this method is harder to implement but will definitely save you a breath in the long run. Smart DNS Proxy works a bit differently than VPN as it does not change your device’s IP address, instead it simply redirects the geo-related traffic only, so that SuperSport assumes you to be in South Africa.
- Smart DNS Proxy can be implemented on most of your devices including your PC, Mac, Android, Apple TV, Smart TV, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and iOS devices.
- When using this service, your internet speed will be at maximum.
- Smart DNS Proxy allows you unblock geoblocked channels from different regions simultaneously. Watch SuperSport, HBO, BBC iPlayer, and ABC iView at the same time.
- Some ISPs can possibly use transparent proxies or DNS hijacking. Such procedures might stop Smart DNS from working properly.
Unlocator is a decent Smart DNS Proxy service available which can bypass geographical restrictions by SuperSport. The service has video tutorials and guides teaching you how to setup the service on your streaming device. It also comes with a complete week of trial usage in which you can test out the service.
How to Unblock and Watch SuperSport Abroad – Wrap Up
Have you tried any of the methods we suggested above to unblock SuperSport outside South Africa? If so, how did it go? Share your thought and experience using VPN or Smart DNS to bypass geo-restrictions in the comment section below.