The 2020 PSL is set to take place between 20 February 2020 and 22 March 2020. It will be the Twenty20 cricket competition’s fifth season. This year, six teams will compete against each other the same as the previous season with Quetta Gladiators as the defending champions after winning the title for the first time last in 2019. But the question is: How will you get to see it? Here’s how you can watch the 2020 Pakistan Super League live anywhere.
How to Watch Pakistan Super League 2020 Live Online?
Pakistan Super League 2020 – PSL Streaming Channels
In general, the PSL live telecast to be available on the same channels who broadcasted the games last year. While staying as they are, their geo-restrictions are not going anywhere as well.
You see, streaming channels such as the ones on our list today apply what we call geo-blocking. It’s a defense mechanism that restricts access to Internet material based upon the user’s geographical location.
The channels take such actions, primarily for copyright and licensing reasons. But how do they do it? Well, a streaming channel relies on geo-location techniques, mainly checking the user’s IP address.
With that, they can pinpoint the exact whereabouts of the device trying to visit their page/app. If the user is not located within the channels coverage area, he/she will automatically be blocked.
Now, this is a problem we’re going to fix later on in the guide, especially for those who don’t have an official broadcaster in their region. As for now, the following TV channels will broadcast the 2020 PSL in their respective regions.
You now know that your geographical location is depriving you of watching one of the most exciting leagues in Cricket history. To circumvent the issue, you need to spoof your whereabouts. How? Scroll a bit further and find out.
How to Watch PSL 2020 Live Online with VPN?
As we mentioned, all of the channels listed above are geo-restricted. That means you can only access them from certain regions. If you try to watch the PSL 2020 on CricketGateway for instance, you’ll get a geo-error that states
“Sorry you are residing in Geo-blocked region and hence the video contents are not available.”
In order to bypass these regional blocks, you have to change your online location. Using a virtual private network, known as VPN, is the best way to do so.
This cybersecurity tool reroutes your traffic through a server in a country of your choosing. Once connected, your data will be encrypted, and the VPN will assign you a temporary IP address based in the country where the server is based.
As a result, you’ll be able to access any website/channel restricted to that region. For example, if you live outside the US, Willow TV won’t be accessible. However, with an established connection to an American server, you’ll obtain a US IP address.
Eventually, you can stream the 2020 PSL live on Willow TV and also access other US-restricted channels no matter where you are.
PSL Anywhere – The Steps
It’s not a hard task to do, actually. You’re only a few steps away from watching the 2020 PSL live in your region:
- First, you need to sign up with a VPN provider that has VPN servers in the countries mentioned above. We highly recommend ExpressVPN for the job.
- Set up the VPN on your Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, or PC by downloading and installing the VPN app.
- Once done, connect to a VPN server in a region where a PSL channel is available:
- US server for Willow TV.
- South African server for SuperSport.
- Pakistani server for PTV, etc…
- All that’s left to do is go to the official Pakistan Super League website you wish to watch the PSL on.
- Stream the 2020 PSL live anywhere.
There you have it. You now know how a VPN works and does. But what’s the best VPN to do so? Why did we recommend ExpressVPN? Here’s your answer.
Best VPN to Stream PSL 2020 Anywhere
ExpressVPN is a VPN provider with fast VPN servers from around the world. It has servers in each and every country on the list above. However, speed and server distribution are but some features of what ExpressVPN has to offer.
The service also excels in security and privacy, providing extra measures such as a kill switch, top-notch VPN protocols, military-grade encryption, and split-tunneling to secure your browsing activities.
Also, when it comes to streaming, you can use their Smart DNS feature in order to watch the games with minimal speed loss. If you want to try their service out, you can subscribe to the VPN, risk-free, courtesy of their 30-day refund policy.
While ExpressVPN might be the top in the business now, it surely isn’t the only one capable of getting you the 2020 PSL live stream wherever you are. There are other top providers available, and they’re listed in the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
PSL 2020 – Inside the League
We first saw the popular league back in September 2015, which kicked off with five teams only. The first edition took place entirely in the UAE due to security reasons.
International cricket was banned in Pakistan on March 3rd, 2009, due to a terrorist attack on Sri Lanka’s cricket team. However, things do change as the 2020 PSL will be entirely held in Pakistan,
The 2020 Pakistan Super League is scheduled in the upcoming year from February 20th, 2020, till March 22nd, 2020. So, with that said, here’s everything you need to know about the 2020 PSL:
- Peshawar Zalmi
- Multan Sultans
- Karachi Kings
- Quetta Gladiators
- Lahore Qalandars
- Islamabad United
- Multan Cricket Stadium (Multan)
- Gaddafi Stadium (Lahore)
- Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium (Rawalpindi)
- National Stadium (Karachi)
Below, you’ll find the full schedule of the 2020 Pakistan Super League:
February 20, 2020
- Quetta Gladiators vs Islamabad United
February 21, 2020
- Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans
February 22, 2020
- Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Islamabad United vs Multan Sultans
February 23, 2020
- Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators
- Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United
February 26, 2020
- Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi
February 27, 2020
- Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators
February 28, 2020
- Multan Sultans vs Karachi Kings
- Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars
February 29, 2020
- Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators
- Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi
March 1, 2020
- Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings
March 2, 2020
- Peshawar Zalmi vs Karachi Kings
March 3, 2020
- Quetta Gladiators vs Lahore Qalandars
March 4, 2020
- Islamabad United vs Lahore Qalandars
March 5, 2020
- Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators
March 6, 2020
- Karachi Kings vs Multan Sultans
March 7, 2020
- Peshawar Zalmi vs Islamabad United
- Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators
March 8, 2020
- Multan Sultans vs Islamabad United
- Lahore Qalandars vs Karachi Kings
March 10, 2020
- Lahore Qalandars vs Peshawar Zalmi
March 11, 2020
- Quetta Gladiators vs Multan Sultans
March 12, 2020
- Karachi Kings vs Lahore Qalandars
March 13, 2020
- Peshawar Zalmi vs Multan Sultans
March 14, 2020
- Karachi Kings vs Islamabad United
March 15, 2020
- Multan Sultans vs Lahore Qalandars
- Quetta Gladiators vs Karachi Kings
March 17, 2020
- Qualifier: Team1 vs Team 2
March 18, 2020
- Eliminator: Team 3 vs Team 4
March 20, 2020
- Eliminator 2: Eliminator Winner vs Qualifier Runner-Up
March 22, 2020
How to Watch 2020 Pakistan Super League Live Online
Although the PSL is relatively still a new T20 cricket league, it has become increasingly popular. This season also promises to be as exciting as ever.
Hopefully, the guide above has given you a better idea of how to watch the Pakistan Super League on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Roku, Apple TV, FireStick, or any other streaming device you might own.
Remember, if you have any more questions, please contact us in the comment section below.