What are the best Borderless Smart DNS and VPN alternatives? Borderless is an online service that mainly allows you to securely unblock geo-restrictred websites and streaming channels. The service itself is relatively new when compared to similar Smart DNS services such as Unblock-Us, Unotelly, Overplay, or Unlocator. After a strong start, things aren’t going so well for Borderless users. Issues with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and other streaming channels are constantly being reported. So, what are the top Borderless alternatives you can turn to?
Best Borderless Alternatives Smart DNS and VPN
Best Borderless Alternatives – Smart DNS
Now before I go into details about which Smart DNS proxy service you should be using, I should note that all of them have had issues with Netflix. Given Netflix’s aggressive attempts to block such services, you cannot blame them much. If American Netflix is a priority for you, jump right over to Borderless VPN alternatives below.
Unlocator is my top pick when it comes to Smart DNS Borderless alternatives. While you still get your local Netflix region, you can unblock all major streaming channels using Unlocator Smart DNS. Hulu, HBO GO, Sky Go, BBC iPlayer, Showtime, ABC Go, Amazon Instant Video and around 220 other geoblocked channels are all supported. Here’s how Unlocator compares against Bordereless.
- Support: In terms of support, there is no live chat feature at the moment. Still, the Unlocator support team usually get back to you within 24 hours and are extremely helpful.
- Price: Borderless sets you back 4$ per month. Unlocator on the other hand costs 4.95$ a month. You can get Unlocator for even cheaper if you subscribe to their 6-month or 12-month plans.
- Trial:Unlocator offer new users a 7-day trial without the need for a credit card. They also have a 14-day refund period.
- Supported Channels: You can unblock over 220 streaming channels from all over the world using Unlocator.
- Supported Devices: All major streaming devices are supported. This includes Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Chromecast, Wii, Smart TV, PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Security: Unlocator is completely safe to use. However, you don’t get extra security features like Adblock and Malware protection.
If you can do without American Netflix, Unlocator is definitely worth a try. It’s reasonably priced, has a large list of supported channels and devices, as well as proper support.
Top Borderless Alternatives – VPN
If US Netflix is a must, I suggest using a VPN alternative for Borderless. VPN providers like ExpressVPN and NordVPN both still support changing Netflix regions to USA. With VPN, you also get an extra layer of security and privacy while browsing the web. Let’s see how a top VPN service like ExpressVPN compares with Borderless.
- Support: With ExpressVPN, you get 24-hour live chat support. You can also contact their support department by email.
- Price: VPN services are known to cost more than Smart DNS proxy services. You can get ExpressVPN for as low as 8.32$ a month.
- Trial: There is no free ExpressVPN trial. However, if you decide to sign up, you have the right to a 30-day money-back guaranteed refund.
- Supported Channels: With VPN servers distributed all over the world, there’s virtually no limit to the streaming channels you can unblock.
- Supported Devices: ExpressVPN offer their users VPN apps on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android. For the rest of the streaming devices, you better setup your VPN connection on a VPN-compatible router.
- Security: VPN encrypts all of your Internet traffic. Nobody will be able to spy on your browsing activities. You also get to hide your IP address.
While ExpressVPN tops my list of the best Borderless VPN alternatives, there are other VPN providers you might also consider.
Best Borderless Alternatives – Conclusion
Borderless Internet is a great service if you are seeking extra security while browsing the web. However, in terms of bypassing geographic restrictions, there are a lot of better alternatives you can use. Both ExpressVPN and Unlocator Smart DNS are worth trying out.