Apple TV 4 is a powerful streaming device. It surpasses older versions of Apple TV in all aspects. While older ATVs only supported a handful of UK channels, the new Apple TV 4 already boosts UK Netflix, Zattoo, BBC iPlayer, Now TV, Channel 4, TVPlayer, and LittleStar. If you are a UK expat or a fan of UK TV living in USA, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Dubai, or Spain, you are probably searching for a method to unblock and watch UK channels on Apple TV 4 outside UK. Both Smart DNS and VPN unblock geoblocked content. You can use either method, as explained in this help guide, to unblock and watch UK channels on Apple TV 4.
How to Unblock UK Channels on Apple TV 4 with VPN or Smart DNS Proxy
How to Unblock UK Channels on Apple TV 4 with Smart DNS Proxy
Smart DNS enables you to unblock and watch streaming channels that would usually be geo-restricted in your region. Smart DNS can be directly configured on Apple TV via the device’s network settings. This process unblock UK channels like BBC iPlayer and Now TV on Apple TV outside UK.
- Using Smart DNS does not change your IP address. This means you can watch geoblocked channels on your Apple TV without losing access to any of your local channels.
- Smart DNS only rechannels a small portion of your Internet connection. The result is no drop in Internet speed.
- Smart DNS even enables you to unblock mutli-regional channels at the same time. This means you can watch UK BBC iPlayer and US Netflix on Apple TV using one Smart DNS configuration.
- No software installation is needed to configure DNS.
Unlocator is a Smart DNS service that supports unblocking UK channels on Apple TV 4. Check out the 214 streaming channels Unlocator allows you to unblock. To setup Smart DNS on Apple TV, follow these setup guides.
How to Watch UK Channels on Apple TV 4 using VPN
Smart DNS is not the only method that allows you to unblock UK channels on Apple TV. You can alternatively use VPN to achieve similar results. With VPN, all your traffic is routed via a UK VPN server. This process allows you to obtain a UK IP address in USA, Canada, Australia, Germany or France. Therefor, BBC iPlayer, 4OD, TVplayer, and the rest of UK channels on Apple TV 4 will think you are located in the UK.
- Unlike iPhone and iPad, the Apple TV does not have a VPN client. To enable VPN on Apple TV, you need to install VPN on a compatible router.
- Using VPN does slow down your Internet speed by around 15%. That is because VPN encrypts and redirect all your connection.
- VPN can also be setup on iPad, iPhone, Mac, PC, and Android.
ExpressVPN is a great choice if you are looking for a reliable VPN provider. They have multiple VPN servers in the UK. They also provide around-the-clock support. For other VPN alternatives to unblock UK channels on Apple TV 4 outside UK, check the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
UK Channels on Apple TV 4
- Netflix UK
- BBC iPlayer
- NBA League Pass
- NHL Game Center
- Now TV
How to Unblock and Watch UK Channels on Apple TV 4 outside UK?
So, there you have it. Using VPN or Smart DNS proxy will allow you to unblock UK channels on your Apple TV 4 in USA, Canada, Australia, UAE, Spain, or elsewhere overseas. If you know of any newly added UK channels added to the iTunes store on Apple TV 4, please let me know by leaving a comment.