If you’re a fan of Golf, you’re definitely familiar with the Golf Channel. The 24/7 golf-centric satellite television network is owned by NBC Sports Group and has been on the air since 1995.
How to Watch the Golf Channel Outside of the US
The Golf Channel can be accessed in the United States, Canada, and a few Asian and Latin American nations. However, live videos and updates can only be accessed in the US. If you’re a golf fan who isn’t currently residing in the US, you should consider using a VPN to unblock the Golf Channel.
How to Watch the Golf Channel Using a VPN
To watch the Golf Channel outside of the US, you’re going to need a way to unblock the geo-restrictions imposed by international copyright laws. With a VPN, you can change your public IP into an American IP by connecting to an American server. This way, you can trick the Channel into thinking you’re on US soil, and that the geo-restrictions don’t apply to you. Don’t worry, using a VPN is completely legal.
By using a VPN you also are making sure that all of your data is private and secure. A VPN encrypts your data and re-routes your traffic, which means that you become completely anonymous online.
The absolute best VPN service you can get your hands on is ExpressVPN. Yes, it’s a little bit of a pricey subscription, but it’s a VPN that is guaranteed to deliver on safety, privacy, speed, and access to blocked content. In other words, you get exactly what you pay for. I’ve been using it for some time now, and I can honestly say I’ve never been more satisfied with a VPN before.
If I can’t convince you about it, feel free to read this technical review.
How to Unblock the Golf Channel Anywhere in the World?
Now, let’s get to the nitty-gritty part. Here’s how you can access the Golf Channel using a VPN:
- Pick a provider, go to their website, and sign-up.
- Download the app that works on the device you want to watch the channel off of. VPN apps typically are compatible with Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS devices.
- Launch the app and sign in using your credentials.
- Connect to a US-based server and wait for the connection to be established.
- Go to the Golf Channel’s website and enjoy!
If you want more option for good VPN providers, check out this table:
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Other Benefits of a VPN
Other than accessing the Golf Channel, there is a lot to gain by subscribing to a VPN:
- Complete security and privacy online. Because all of your traffic gets re-routed and your data gets encrypted, you’re protecting yourself from possible data theft and hacks.
- Lower rates for e-shopping. You can read this article to find out exactly how a VPN helps you shop online for less.
- Safer online banking transactions. When your encrypt your data, you encrypt your banking information too! Using a VPN when working on your online banking helps you make sure that your banking credentials are continuously private.
There is much more to gain by subscribing to a VPN service provider than there is to try your look out without the extra level of internet security.
How to Watch the Golf Channel Online Outside of the US – Final Thoughts
Our hobbies are an important part of our identity, and for many people, Golf falls into that category. Just because you don’t happen to live in the US at this point in time, doesn’t mean you should lose access to the biggest Golf repository. By using a VPN, you can bypass the regional restrictions placed on the Golf Channel and access all the golf-centric shows and news you want!