For the avid chord-cutters among us, Nvidia Shield offers a TV box that brings the best online entertainment straight to your living room. However, as with most platforms, the apps you have access to highly depends on your location. In this article, I’ll be showing you how to get access to Hulu on your Nvidia Shield TV from anywhere in the world.
How to Watch Hulu on Your Nvidia Shield TV Using a VPN
To those that don’t know, Hulu is a pretty awesome streaming service that offers access to hit shows and movies like The Handmaid’s Tale, Castle Rock, and Freakish. The problem is that Hulu is only available inside the US. So, while you may be able to find Hulu’s application using your Nvidia Shield TV, you won’t be able to access the service unless you’re in the states.
That is, of course, unless you use a VPN.
A VPN will let you bypass geo-restrictions because of one of its basic functionalities. So, basically, VPNs encrypt all of your data and re-route all of your traffic through their own secure servers. When your traffic gets re-routed, your public IP address ends up changing to match the location of the server you’re connected to. In other words, if you want access to Hulu, you need to connect to a US server.
Here’s how to watch Hulu on your Nvidia Shield TV by using a VPN:
- Sign up with a VPN provider.
- Download and install the VPN application on your Nvidia Shield TV. Since Nvidia works on Android OS, you’ll find an installable VPN app on offer by most top-tier VPN providers.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to an American server.
- Once the connection has been established, open the Hulu app.
- Enjoy watching Hulu on your Nvidia Shield TV!
See that? Simple as pie.
Best VPN for Nvidia Shield TV
Our VPN expert, Charles, has written a detailed review on the best VPNs you can use for you Nvidia Shield TV. In his review, he picked ExpressVPN as his top choice.
ExpressVPN offers 2000+ servers in over 94+ countries, including the US. It also offers military-grade encryptions and the latest VPN protocols, a 5-star customer support team, and a 30-day money back guarantee. In other words, you can benefit from the guarantee and test out their service for a whole month before you decide to genuinely commit to it.
If you test it out and still feel like ExpressVPN just isn’t for you, try out these providers instead:
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
Watch Hulu on your Nvidia Shield TV – Final Thoughts
That’s all you need to know about accessing Hulu on your Nvidia Shield TV from outside of the US. Please do remember that while VPNs can give you access to Hulu, it does not bypass any registration fee or subscription fee imposed by Hulu. All a VPN can do is give you access to the service, anything else is all on you.