Netflix has waged a ‘war’ on Smart DNS proxy services, and Unblock-US is one of the affected. Unblock-US, along with other Smart DNS proxy services have been trying to fix the infamous Netflix proxy error, so that users can go about their regular online activities. The Smart DNS provider Unblock-Us has looked for ways to bypass the Netflix proxy ban, however, its users still received an error message when trying to access Netflix US.
Up until Unblock-US find a permanent fix, users can bypass the Netflix proxy error message once again thanks to the solutions I have found. I have tested many methods to unblock American Netflix outside the USA. ExpressVPN and Unlocator have proven to be the most reliable solutions to changing the Netflix region to the USA.
Unblock-US Netflix Proxy Error – How to Fix with VPN Alternative
Netflix Proxy Error
VPN and Smart DNS proxies have long been the most reliable methods for bypassing regional restrictions and unblocking channels that are typically blocked in your country. Many geo-restricted streaming channels have attempted to block both VPN and Smart DNS services with varying rates of success. In 2016, Netflix announced that it is going to restrict a VPN or Smart DNS proxy usage to change Netflix regions, stating:
“Those using proxies and unblockers will only be able to access the service in the country where they currently are.”
You would only be able to access and stream your local Netflix region. If you try anything different, you’ll encounter the following Netflix proxy error message:
“You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
Many VPN/Smart DNS services did not succeed in bypassing or fixing the error for their users due to Netflix’s new policy. I can confirm* the existence of a method that can unblock and stream American Netflix anywhere outside America. This working Netflix VPN is ExpressVPN.
*As of May 20th, 2019.
Unblock-US Netflix Proxy Error – Fix with a VPN
Whether Unblock-US or other Smart DNS proxy services will be able to find a permanent fix for the proxy error is yet unidentified. Netflix is serious about its crackdown on proxies. Blocking VPNs is a different story. VPN providers work differently compared to Smart DNS proxies. With a Smart DNS, it’s harder for Netflix to detect whether or not you are using a VPN.
- Netflix’s new ‘policy‘ against Smart DNS proxies and VPN services made me use ExpressVPN to unblock and watch American Netflix outside the USA.
- Connecting to an American VPN server unblocks all US channels simultaneously. Watch US Netflix, HBO GO, Showtime Anytime, Hulu, or ABC Go with one VPN configuration.
- Additionally, a VPN allows you to bypass geographic blocks. A VPN also performs full traffic encryption, shielding your online activities from potential eavesdroppers.
- VPNs, unlike Smart DNS proxies, are unaffected by DNS hijacking and transparent proxies.
ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money back refund period in which you can get your money back in case you were not happy. As things stand, you do not have to go down that road as the company’s provider continues to show off its American Netflix unblocking capabilities.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- 72% discount on annual plan
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
Unlocator currently does not unblock American Netflix. You can use ExpressVPN
to watch Netflix overseas instead. Note that ExpressVPN offers a Smart DNS proxy for a wide selection of non-VPN-supporting devices.
How to Get American Netflix Abroad with VPN
Below are the steps you need to follow to unblock Netflix US abroad.
- Subscribe to a VPN service provider that you can download on any device.
- After you create a VPN account, sign in to activate the app.
- Search for an American VPN server.
- Connect to that US server.
- You can now try visiting Netflix’s website or application.
- If successful, you’ll be able to stream American Netflix’s content.
If you want a good chance at unblocking Netflix US, you better sign up for ExpressVPN. With this VPN, you know that you’ll ensure the unblocking of American Netflix abroad. What’s interesting about ExpressVPN is that it offers users Smart DNS proxies that are compatible with a large number of devices PS3, PS4, Xbox, FireTV, Roku, Smart TV, and routers. Having such an alternative is essential because none of these devices have VPN clients, meaning you cannot directly install a VPN on them.
Unblock-US Netflix Error Workaround – Smart DNS Proxy Solution
If you are having Netflix proxy error issues with Unblock-Us, you can use other Smart DNS services.
I have recently tested a lot of them. At the moment, I can change my Netflix region to the USA using Unlocator. You can sign up with Unlocator for free. The trial period is seven days, which gives you more than enough time to test their service.
- A Smart DNS proxy is compatible with most streaming devices. Bypass the proxy error on iPhone, iPad, Android, Apple TV, Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, PC, Mac, or Roku.
- You do not have to alter the network settings whenever you wish to watch a streaming channel from a different region.
- No Internet traffic encryption nor IP address changes are involved when using Smart DNS.
So, give Unlocator a try if you want to continue unblocking American Netflix outside the USA. This sign up process does not need a credit card.
How to Fix Netflix Proxy Error for Unblock-US – Use VPN Alternative
Unblock-US might eventually find a fixed solution for the Netflix Proxy Error. In the meantime, you can switch to a VPN or Smart DNS proxy to modify your Netflix region and change it to match that of the USA.
After reading this, which solution do you see yourself using? Now, in case you have tried any of them out, share in the comment section below how helpful the method – which you used- was.