What is the best VPN for Fire Stick? The Amazon Fire TV is a great streaming device if you live in USA. Luckily, you can unblock and watch US channels on your Amazon Fire TV Stick abroad. (UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Mexico, Spain). Learn how to bypass geographic restrictions and unlock geoblocked channels on Fire TV Stick by using Smart DNS or VPN in this guide.
Important: You can skip this informational article if you understand Smart DNS and VPN. Use Unlocator‘s Smart DNS Proxy service to unblock American channels on Fire TV Stick. Or visit ExpressVPN. Sign up. Select an American VPN server. Access all restricted US channels on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Unblock and watch American channels on Amazon Fire TV Stick using Smart DNS Proxy or VPN
Unblock US channels on Amazon Fire TV Stick outside US – Smart DNS Method
US-only channels like Netflix, Crackle, and Amazon Instant Video are not available on the Amazon Fire TV Stick outside US. To unblock and access these channels, you need to set up your Fire TV Stick with Smart DNS. A Smart DNS Proxy service conceals your true location from streaming devices like Fire TV Stick. Therefore, you can unlock and stream geoblocked channels on your streaming stick once you set it up. Smart DNS Proxies are very efficient when it comes to unblocking Netflix and the likes for a handful of reasons.
- Smart DNS proxies work on all your streaming devices including the new Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Watch content from multiple locations using one Smart DNS setup. Avoid NFL blackouts, watch US Netflix, and access BBC iPlayer at the same time.
- There’s no need for any additional software.
- Internet speed is literally unchanged. Stream your favorite channels without interruptions.
- Check that your ISP does not use Transparent Proxies or DNS Hijacking before using Smart DNS. Such policies can stop Smart DNS from working properly.
Try to find a Smart DNS Proxy service providing DNS codes that can unblock channels from different countries. Unlocator offer around 159 streaming services. Take a look at their guides and videos before signing up for a free one-week trial.
Best VPN for Fire Stick
VPN is just as effective as Smart DNS in unblocking restricted streaming services. The way VPN works slightly differently and offers is own benefits however.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick and similar streaming devices cannot be directly set up with VPN. If you choose VPN to unblock US channels on your Fire TV Stick, you have to install VPN on a VPN router. Connect Fire TV Stick to that router and share its VPN connection.
- There’s no need to check whether your ISP uses DNS Hijacking or Transparent Proxies. VPN will work in either case.
- VPN efficiently increases your Internet privacy by encrypting your traffic.
- Using an American VPN server unblocks all US streaming services at once.
The fact that all your traffic gets encrypted and re-routed decreases your Internet speed. The speed penalty you have to endure varies between 10 to 15% for fast and reliable VPN providers. Poor VPN providers can drag your Internet speed down even further. That is why I highly recommend using providers such as ExpressVPN where Internet speed drops are unnoticeable. The table below includes the best VPN for Fire Stick.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
Watch US Channels on Amazon Fire TV Stick outside US – Miscellaneous
Many gadget experts have compared Amazon Fire TV Stick Google’s Chromecast. Any streaming device is only as good as the apps and channels it offers. That’s why it important to take full advantage of such streaming sticks by unblocking US channels on them. Here’s a list of channels you can unblock by using Smart DNS or VPN on Fire Stick.
- Amazon Instant Video (US library)
- Hulu Plus
- Showtime Anytime
- NBA Game Time
- NFL Now
- WWE Network
- Disney Channel
- AOL On
American Channels on Amazon Fire TV – Best Smart DNS and VPN on FireStick
Which American channels are you trying to get on your FireStick outside USA? Have you tried any of the workarounds listed above? Please do contact me if you need advise on how to use Smart DNS or VPN to unblock and watch US channels on Amazon Fire TV Stick.