How to unblock and watch BBC iPlayer in UAE? British expats living abroad can find it really difficult to watch their favorite TV shows. Streaming channels such as BBC, ITV, Sky GO, Channel 4, and Now TV are all geo-blocked overseas.
So, in case you are currently working or spending your holiday in the United Arab Emirates, you won’t be able to watch any of these channels due to regional restrictions. Heavy surveillance is also another thing that the UAE government largely invests in. But, thankfully, you can escape these monitoring activities as well as unblock UK websites abroad with a VPN service provider.
Both a VPN and Smart DNS can help you watch BBC iPlayer in the UAE, learn exactly how in the tutorial below.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer in UAE with VPN?
If you attempt to access live or on-demand material on BBC iPlayer while you are in the UAE, you will receive one of the following geo-errors.
“BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues.”
“BBC iPlayer programmes are available to play in the UK only.”
The blacklisting of VPNs’ IP addresses in 2015 was ultimately resolved with a VPN connection. However, disappointing matters can happen, even with a VPN, you might encounter error messages with a VPN. This is why you should sign up for a VPN to be able to get on a different server to avoid such incidents. Follow these steps to watch BBC iPlayer in the UAE or anywhere else in the world.
- Subscribe to a VPN that supports BBC iPlayer.
- Download the app asked of you and launch it.
- Look for a UK server and connect to it.
- Appear to be a virtual UK citizen.
- For the final step, go to the BBC iPlayer website or launch the iPlayer application. Then, watch all that is you want on BBC iPlayer no matter where you are.
I have tried every VPN on the market, but nothing seemed to satisfy except for ExpressVPN. It’s the easiest and most effective service providers that can easily bypass regional restrictions from all around the world. This, of course, includes the ability to stream BBC iPlayer in UAE.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Unblock BBC iPlayer in UAE using Smart DNS Proxies
Bypassing geo-restrictions can go both ways either with a VPN or Smart DNS proxy. Both are incredibly strong devices that can guarantee users a pleasurable web browsing experience free of restrictions.
Of course, BBC iPlayer is blocked in the United Arab Emirates, but a Smart DNS can unblock it. That’s not to say that all Smart DNS proxies can do that, no. In my case, Unlocator worked wonderfully for me. Plus, you need to always keep in mind that all that you can or cannot access depends on the Smart DNS you are subscribed to. Be careful, not all Smart DNS services support the unblocking of BBC in the UAE. Here’s more of what you should expect from a Smart DNS.
- High levels of compatibility: Smart DNS works on almost any streaming device.: iOS, Mac, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, PS3/PS4, Amazon Fire TV, and Xbox.
- Maintenance of IP address: A Smart DNS does not change users’ IP addresses and keeps them in the public eye.
- If your ISP uses transparent proxies or DNS hijacking, then a Smart DNS won’t be of good service to you.
- No online anonymity: Your IP address will remain public as a Smart DNS performs no encryptions.
Unblock and Watch BBC iPlayer in UAE – Wrap Up
Living abroad, away from family and friends, can be quite difficult. The ability to watch your favorite TV content from back home does make things a bit easier though.
With the help of VPN or Smart DNS, you can unblock and stream all your favorite channels, including BBC iPlayer, in UAE and anywhere else around the globe. What method are you going to resort to? Let us know in the comments.
1 thought on “How to Watch BBC iPlayer in UAE?”
Hi I am using Nord which allows me to make internet calls to the UK from UAE but the BBC iplayer will still not allow me to view programs. Do you have any suggestions?