How to watch the Rio 2016 Closing Ceremony in Rio De Janeiro free live online? The Summer Olympics are set to start on the 5th of August, 2016. More than a billion people will tune in to watch the Closing Ceremony. Many official streaming channels will broadcast the event live online for free. Unfortunately, most of these streaming channels are geoblocked. In this guide, I will show you how to unblock these channels and watch the 2016 Olympics Closing Ceremony live for free on Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Smart TV, Android, PC, Mac, iPhone, Chromecast, or iPad.
Watch Rio 2016 Closing Ceremony Free Live Stream Olympics Online
Watch 2016 Olympics Closing Ceremony Live Online for Free with VPN
BBC iPlayer is one of the top free Rio 2016 streaming channels. If you live outside UK and try to stream live events on BBC iPlayer, you will receive a geolocation error that states “BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only.” VPN allows you to spoof your IP address and mask your online location. Thus, you will be able to trick BBC iPlayer, and any other Olympics streaming channel, to think you are actually located in a region where their live stream is not geo-restricted.
- Download and install a VPN app on your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android.
- Connect to a VPN server in a region where the geoblocked channel you are trying to watch is not restricted.
- Watch the Olympics Closing Ceremony live online.
- If you want to unblock a streaming channel from another region, switch to a different VPN server.
- As long as the VPN connection is established, all your Internet traffic is securely encrypted.
ExpressVPN is a highly recommended VPN service to watch the Rio 2016 games live online. They have VPN servers in all major countries across the world including UK, Germany, Spain, India, USA, Canada, and Australia. You can use any of the top VPN providers listed below to watch the 2016 Olympics live online.
Stream Rio 2016 Closing Ceremony Free Live Online – How to with Smart DNS Proxies
Alternatively, you can use Smart DNS to watch the Closing Ceremony of Rio 2016 live online for free. Although Smart DNS works in a different way compared to VPN, it also allows you to bypass regional restrictions. Instead of changing your IP address, Smart DNS only re-routes the streaming channel’s URL which expose your geolocation.
- Smart DNS works on all streaming devices. Watch Rio 2016 on Apple TV, Xbox, Roku, Chromecast, PS3, PS4, Smart TV, iPhone, or Android.
- You can unblock streaming channels from different region simultaneously. Watch BBC iPlayer, Rai TV, and ZDF at the same time.
- No Internet speed loss is involved when you are using Smart DNS proxies.
- In rare cases, an ISP can use DNS hijacking or transparent proxies. If your ISP follows such procedures, use VPN instead of Smart DNS.
Unlocator is a top Smart DNS proxy service that allows you to unblock all the best free Rio 2016 streaming channels including BBC, ZDF, Rai, and DR TV. Signing up is free and you get a free 7-day trial. To setup your streaming device with Smart DNS, follow these tutorials.
Best Free Olympics Closing Ceremony 2016 Streaming Channels
How to Watch Rio 2016 Closing Ceremony Free Live Online – Conclusion
The free official Rio 2016 streaming channels listed above are completely safe and can be securely unblocked using either VPN or Smart DNS. They also have apps on most streaming devices. That means you can watch the Olympics on PS3, PS4, Xbox, Roku, FireTV, Apple TV, etc. There are unofficial live Rio 2016 Closing Ceremony streaming feeds which only work on PC. However, I would never recommend using those as they are full of malware and ads. Streaming sports events on sites such as FirstrowSports can leave your PC exposed.