is constantly rolling out new versions in regions around the globe, the US version of Netflix with its vast library remains the best. If you live, work, or study in France, and plan on or already own a Netflix account, the amount of movies and series you get access to is alright. But it is still small compared to the US version. The good news is that you can bypass geographic restrictions and change your Netflix country to American Netflix
. Hence, you can watch US Netflix in France
for the same subscription in France. All you need to achieve this is either a VPN service or Smart DNS proxies
. In this article, I will guide
you with some info
on both these solutions and how they can help you access geoblocked content.
How to Watch American Netflix in France
How to unblock US Netflix in France using VPN
VPN will allow you to access all websites and channels that are exclusively available on American territories. This is achieved by rechanneling all your internet traffic through a server located in the USA. By using a VPN, you can access the US version of Netflix, HBO, Crackle, Vudu, and many other streaming services. VPN has more benefits:
- VPN will allow you to change and even hide your IP address.
- VPN can encrypt all your outgoing traffic, offering you maximum protection in the process.
- With VPN, you can go online anonymously. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about any websites tracking you.
- VPN works perfectly even in the case that your ISP uses DNS Hijacking or Transparent proxies.
Some devices like Wii, Xbox, or Smart TVs don’t have a VPN client installed. In such cases, you have to set up the VPN service on your VPN enabled router.
If you are looking for a VPN provider, check out a reliable and fast VPN provider. One good example is ExpressVPN, can offer you dedicated apps for your most used devices like iPhone, iPad, and Android phones. ExpressVPN offers 24/7 support in addition to a huge number of servers around the world to choose from.
How to unlock American Netflix in France using Smart DNS Proxies
Smart DNS is an alternative but just as competent solution to overcome any imposed restrictions in order to watch geoblocked content. Smart DNS only redirects the relevant bits of your internet connection. It has its own set of advantages:
- Using Smart DNS, you get to keep your local IP address and thus still get to access all local sites and services.
- Smart DNS works on nearly all devices including iPhone, iPad, Android, PS4/PS3, Xbox, Smart TVs, and Blu-ray players.
- Smart DNS will not affect your internet speed in any way.
- Smart DNS allows you to watch content from various regions simultaneously and without additional changes in the initial setup. Thus, you can watch American Netflix, UK BBC, and France’s Canal Plus at the same time.
In case your ISP actually uses DNS hijacking or Transparent proxies, Smart DNS, unfortunately, won’t work on any of your devices.
If you are trying to find a good Smart DNS provider, try Unlocator which now offers about 120 unblocked streaming channels, a free 7-day trial period, and setup tutorials and videos to ease the installation process.
Netflix is available on a wide range of devices, all you need to do is change your Network to appear to be coming from the USA:
- Android Smartphone and Tablets
- Xbox 360/Xbox One
- Blu-ray Players
- Smart TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
In a Nutshell – Change your Netflix region to the USA
Both Smart DNS and VPN can grant you access to geoblocked content from around the world, through spoofing your IP address. Take into consideration you preferences, and then choose one of the two. Please do leave a comment if you are still uncertain about what’s best for you. We’ll be more than happy to give you a hand.