Netflix is a vast global provider of content including TV shows and movies, with most countries included in its area of service. Since the US version of Netflix is the most profound and massive, it is considered the largest selection of viewable content on the Internet. To be able to view content on US Netflix in Philippines, you will need to bypass the geographical restrictions by using either VPN or Smart DNS Proxy. Both of these services are mentioned below with a few of their features. Netflix can be viewed on many platforms including your Mac, Android, PC, iOS devices, and Chromecast. Read the following guide for steps on how to unblock and watch American Netflix in the Philippines or anywhere else outside the USA.
US Netflix in Philippines Unblock & Watch via VPN or Smart DNS Proxy
Unblock US Netflix in Philippines using VPN
You can use VPN to unblock content on US Netflix while being in the Philippines and it turns out to be quite simple too. VPN basically has to change your device’s IP address to an American one so that the servers get tricked into believing that your device is actually situated in the US. When this is done, you are then offered all the content that US Netflix has to offer. This method is pretty straightforward and does not require a lot of thinking to implement. VPN’s can also be used for streaming on other sites including DPlay, Showtime, and Atresplayer.
- You will start by signing up for a quality VPN that can sustain your requirements and can work with what you need in VPN.
- VPN’s encrypt your device’s traffic and will give you extra security and privacy while browsing or streaming on the internet.
- The issue with VPN is that it will make your connection speed decrease and give you less bandwidth.
- VPN will make you anonymous so your ISP cannot track your information or spy on you. It also prevents sites from tracking your location and such.
- The VPN service that you use will provide you apps for installing on your devices, and VPN’s support many devices including your Mac, Android, PC, and iOS devices.
If you want to unblock US Netflix in the Philippines, you can use ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN should be able to take care of this job and comes with an entire month of time in which you can return the service for all your money back. If for some reason ExpressVPN does not fit with you, you can find other VPN providers to change Netflix regions.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Watch American Netflix in Philippines – Smart DNS Proxy
The alternative method you have for VPN is the Smart DNS Proxy service. This service takes a bit more work from you for setting up but turns out to be a lifesaver in the long run. Smart DNS Proxy only needs to redirect the traffic coming to your device so that the servers think that you are in the USA. At the end, it will be able to unblock content on US Netflix without a problem if set up correctly.
- Smart DNS Proxy works on all streaming devices. This includes PS4, PS3, Xbox, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, TV, Smart TV, Roku, PC, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
- When using a Smart DNS Proxy service your internet bandwidth does not decrease and you get complete speed from your ISP.
- When using Smart DNS, your IP address does not change.
Unlocator is a reliable Smart DNS Proxy which can unblock content on US Netflix in the Philippines. It is attached with a complete week of trial usage, so you do not have to pay until the week is over and you still want to use the service. Unlocator comes with guides and video tutorials on how to set up the Smart DNS Proxy service on your device.
VPN or Smart DNS Proxy to Change Netflix region to USA
Now comes the part where you need to think outside the box and make your final decision. Take into consideration all the pros and cons of each service and try to output a final decision. VPN’s have a more secure yet slower connection and Smart DNS Proxy has a faster but tougher to implement connection. Whatever you choose at the end will work for you so it really doesn’t matter, just try to find the service that complements your needs better.