Google Pixel is everything you wish an Android phone would do. It is very fast, has a great camera, and looks really nice. I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical when I first bought the Pixel 3 XL, but it turned out to be one of my best choices in 2018. However, just like any other smartphone, Google Pixel can offer so much more if it had a VPN installed on it. We’re talking extra security, total privacy, and unlimited internet access. You can even use one to change your Google Play country/region. Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, it is true because I’ve tried it and it worked wonders for me. You just need to install the right VPN for your smartphone. And if you’re not sure about which one you should get, then read the following guide.
Why Need a VPN on Google Pixel Smartphones
Mainly, internet users resort to a Virtual Private Network to protect their privacy when they go online. VPNs use incredibly strong encryption protocols like the military-grade AES 256-bit so that no one can decipher or view your internet activity. That includes internet service providers, government agencies, and hackers.
You can also avoid all kinds of restrictions so that users get to access whatever they want from anywhere around the world. You see, VPNs reroute your traffic through a network of secure servers. All you have to do is select the server and connect to it. But that’s not all. Once your connection is established, your provider will give you a new IP address from the region where your server is located. This will trick web hosts to think that you are inside their coverage area and they will unblock all their content.
For example, we all know that HBO Go is only accessible inside the United States. To unblock the streaming service from abroad, all you need to do is connect to a US server. You won’t just unblock HBO Go, but also every other restricted American channel like Hulu, Showtime, and Fox.
How to Install a VPN on your Google Pixel Smartphone
You can make Google Pixel Smartphone usage all the more pleasurable and safe with a virtual private network. This cybersecurity tool ensures that your online identity and traffic remain safe and hidden whenever you use the internet. How? By encrypting all your data and concealing your IP address.
As a result, VPNs are the ultimate security and privacy solution if you’re one of those concerned users like I am. If you want to install one on your Google Pixel device, just follow the below steps:
- Choose a popular and efficient VPN service and subscribe. If you don’t know much about VPN brands just go with ExpressVPN or any of the below choices.
- Go to Google Play to download and install the app. You can also download it from your provider’s website.
- Once the installation process is complete, click open and sign in.
- Next, connect to any server you’d like to secure your data and bypass geo-restrictions.
- Enjoy safe, private, and unlimited internet access.
Best VPN for Google Pixel Smartphones
Every phone could use some protection, including Google Pixel. This is why I advise you all to use a VPN. However, choosing the right one can be a bit difficult, which is why I decided to help you with your decision-making process by rounding up the best VPN services for Google Pixel smartphones
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
If you want to know which VPN brand I used on my Google Pixel smartphone, it was this one. ExpressVPN is the best provider in my book because checks all the boxes It uses the strongest security features, has a wide server network, and offers very fast speed levels. And to top it all, it provides a free Smart DNS proxy service.
- Over 3,000 servers in over 94 countries.
- A kill switch for added security.
- Torrenting allowance and P2P sharing support.
- Top-notch customer service available 24/7 via live chat.
- AES 256-bit encryption.
- A free Smart DNS feature.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Five simultaneous connections.
- Pricy fees compared to other providers.
See the full ExpressVPN review for more information.
BulletVPN provides speed levels that are as fast as a bullet. But I’m sure you already guessed that. This provider has a small but fast server network, which makes it perfect for streaming HD shows. But that doesn’t mean it neglects other main areas. BulletVPN also offers strong security and privacy features like AES 256-bit encryption and a no-logs policy.
- Fast servers.
- A kill switch.
- Five different VPN protocols to give users more choice.
- Round-the-clock customer service support.
- AES 256-bit encryption.
- A free Smart DNS feature.
- 154 servers in 55 countries.
- 30-day refund policy.
- No Double VPN.
The full BulletVPN review will answer any questions you might have about this service.
NordVPN really takes its job seriously, especially when it comes to security and privacy. The company is based in Panama where there are no data retention laws. Moreover, it doesn’t store your internet traffic. NordVPN also has a unique feature called double VPN that encrypts your traffic TWICE. This makes it a really strong pick if you’re worried about privacy and security.
- Strong encryption protocols (2048-bit SSL).
- Double VPN.
- A kill switch
- A free Smart DNS feature called SmartPlay.
- DNS Leak protection.
- 5,000+ servers in 60+ countries.
- 24/7 customer support service with live chat feature.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Some servers I tested were a bit slow.
See the full feature list in the NordVPN review.
List of the Best Google Pixel Smartphones
If you want which are Google’s flagship smartphone devices, here’s a list of the best Google Pixel smartphones:
- Pixel 3 XL
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 2 XL
- Pixel C
Best VPN for Google Pixel Smartphones- Final Thoughts
Google Pixel is one of the best smartphones you could buy, and having a VPN on it will only enhance the experience. Which VPN would you choose for your Google Pixel smartphone? Let us know in the comment section below.
Best VPN for Google Pixel
Access blocked content
Visit VPN Provider