How to get American Netflix in Sweden? Sweden, or shall we say the land of Internet freedom has got almost all of its population using the Internet. Apart from being active online members, the people in Sweden spend a considerable amount of time watching TV. They might grow tired of watching Viaplay, SVT, DPlay, or C More and want to watch something different for a change. Something like, American Netflix perhaps?
One would think that with Sweden having no limits on Internet freedom and all, that its people are able to access Netflix USA no sweat. However, this has nothing to do with the Internet and everything to do with geographic location. Swedish people can still watch American Netflix if they want to. All they have to do is get a virtual private network on any PC, Mac, Android, iOS, iPhone or iPad, and they are free to watch Orange is the New Black at any time.
How to Watch American Netflix in Sweden
How to Get Netflix USA in Sweden with a VPN
While it’s frustrating to learn that some channels and networks cannot be accessed due to geo-restrictions, it’s comforting to know that there’s a VPN technology out there that can help fix the problem. A VPN allows you to get an American IP address in Sweden. This means blocked American websites, services, and streaming channels will be tricked into thinking you are connecting to the internet from the United States. People in Sweden are able to watch American Netflix using a VPN, and this is how:
- Sign up with a VPN provider that support unblocking American Netflix abroad.
- Download and install the VPN app on the device you wish to use.
- Set up your account and launch your VPN application.
- Connect to an American VPN server.
- Visit Netflix’s website or launch the Netflix app.
- Watch American Netflix in Sweden.
ExpressVPN is highly recommended for its excellent services and super fast speeds. It allows you to transfer your Netflix traffic through one of their servers in another country. If you get an American IP address, the streaming giant shows you the Netflix that is only available in that country, which in this case is Netflix USA. For more information on the best VPN services available, check out the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Benefits of a VPN
There are a number of advantages to using a VPN in Sweden. Other than allowing its people access to American Netflix, VPNs provide their users with security and privacy when connecting to the Internet. These virtual private networks use strong encryption to ensure that Internet service providers and cybercriminals don’t track users’ IP addresses. Below are the many advantages and benefits of a VPN:
- Save money: if you use a VPN when you shop for expensive items or book flights, you will avoid paying higher prices and have access to the best possible prices.
- Connectivity: VPNs allow a level of connectivity like file sharing and port forwarding no matter where the members of a network are located.
- Hides your IP address: Using a VPN service like ExpressVPN allows you to keep your identity safe by not binding an IP address to your information.
How to Watch American Netflix in Sweden
It’s a good thing that the Sweden government threw out retention laws early on. Otherwise, people would have been extra anxious about their online privacy. With that being said, if subscribing to a VPN brings you no gain, it would do you no harm. Not only will the people in Sweden be able to watch American Netflix anytime they want, but they will also have their online traffic private and away from prying eyes.