Normally, I would side with you about the cruelty of geo-restrictions, but not this time. This time is different because I have stumbled upon two ways in which you can defeat geo-restrictions. Having a hard time trying to access BBC iPlayer in Brazil? Well, you wouldn’t if you just used a VPN or Smart DNS. Don’t know how? Just follow this guide below.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer in Brazil
How to Watch BBC iPlayer in Brazil Using a VPN
While I was vacationing in Brazil, my “Doctor Who binge-watching schedule” got interrupted thanks to geo-restrictions. Apparently, I cannot stream or access -to be more precise- UK’s BBC iPlayer because well it’s in the UK, and I’m in Brazil. After some research, I’ve learned that BBC iPlayer is only available to those in Britan. The content of this service is restricted to British viewership. Outsiders, international viewers, and foreigners cannot access the service from where they are. But, I did discover a method in which I can watch BBC iPlayer no matter where I am. That method involves a tool called a VPN.
A VPN, short for Virtual Private Network, is this cybersecurity tool that helps people all around the world with unblocking content and gaining security. VPNs basically encrypts the data you pass through a VPN server and protects it. Then, it reroutes your data/traffic through its own secure server – one that you chose- so that you match that server’s location. The purpose behind that is so you get to appear to be browsing from the server’s location. Unless you do that, the BBC won’t identify you as eligible.
We’ve already established that you need a VPN to unblock BBC Player. Little did you know, that there’s more to a VPN than just that. Check them out.
- protection against data theft
- secure connection
- absolute privacy
- complete anonymity
- spoofing location
- overcoming censorship
- beating geo-restrictions
- avoid price discrimination
- visit locations virtually
Steps to Unblock BBC iPlayer
When you connect to a VPN, your original IP changes to match the server’s IP address. All that you have to do is select the server in the location you want and get the IP address that allows you to access the content you desire. Here are the steps I followed to unblock BBC iPlayer in Brazil:
- First, I signed up with ExpressVPN. I found it to be the best in the business.
- Next, I downloaded and installed its VPN app on my phone. You can use any other streaming device.
- Then, I launched the application and went looking for UK servers.
- After locating a UK server, I connected to it and waited for the connection to activate.
- Finally, after getting the green light, I was able to successfully access BBC as if I was in the UK.
Best VPN for BBC iPlayer
ExpressVPN is the VPN you need to get major unblocking business done. This VPN software is recognized for its high privacy and security standards. It encrypts users’ online traffic and hides their IP addresses thus anonymizing users’ identities and protecting their privacy. ExpressVPN’s unblocking capabilities are insane! In under a minute, I was streaming the latest episode of Doctor Who while I was in Brazil. You need an ExpressVPN subscription in your life whether it’s to unblock content or stay safe online.
If you are interested in learning more about other service providers, check out the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
Watch BBC iPlayer in Brazil Using a Smart DNS
If you’re not a security freak, you might find a Smart DNS an interesting product. Just like a VPN, a Smart DNS proxy can help you unblock geo-restricted sites from all around the world. A Smart DNS proxy doesn’t affect your IP address in any way. As a matter of fact, it remains the same. Despite that, you get to access a list of channels and services that are blocked for you. Want to learn how to unblock BBC iPlayer in Brazil? Follow the steps below.
- Look up Unlocator and learn why it’s a Smart DNS worth subscribing to.
- Sign up for its free 7-day trial.
- You can follow these videos/setup tutorials to learn how you can configure the Smart DNS on your device.
- Obviously, you visit the site and access the service.
- Go ahead stream and enjoy BBC iPlayer‘s content outside the UK.
Unlocator is this exceptional Smart DNS that puts all other providers to shame. You can get all the channels you want at the snap of your fingers. Almost 200 channels can be unblocked with this proxy. Also, you get a 7-day free trial before you think about committing to a subscription.
Watch BBC iPlayer in Brazil
These ways can be effective to watch BBC iPlayer in Brazil. All you need is a VPN or Smart DNS and all of your streaming problems will be solved. We are interested in knowing which VPNs you wind up choosing, so do let us know your picks– or suggestions if any- in the comment section.