ESPN is one of the most popular live sports television brands in the US. It attracts millions and millions of fans, including ones in Europe. Although ESPN is restricted to US viewership, it can be accessed in Europe via a VPN or Smart DNS. Read on to learn how.
How to Watch ESPN in Europe
How to Watch ESPN in Europe Using a VPN
If you try to watch ESPN anywhere in the world, it’ll show that your IP is coming from a different country, and as a result, will be blocked. Although ESPN is only available in the US, it can still be accessed outside it.
A VPN enables you to connect to a server in the US, replacing your local IP with a different one in the country of your choice. Essentially, a VPN changes your virtual location from where you really are to the server location you’re connected to. Consequently, ESPN will think that you are located in the US as opposed to where you really are. If you want to watch ESPN outside the US, follow the following steps:
- First, sign up with a reliable VPN service provider.
- Then, download and install the VPN application to your streaming device.
- Launch the VPN application and sign in using your VPN account.
- Connect to an American VPN server.
- You will be granted an American IP address.
- Stream ESPN in Europe at any time.
ExpressVPN is a super fast VPN proxy service designed to help you bypass geo-restrictions. It also protects your privacy and security while you’re online. For more information about the best VPNs for ESPN, check out the table below.
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Watch ESPN in Europe Using a Smart DNS
There’s more than one way to watch ESPN: one is a VPN and the other is a Smart DNS. It’s way faster than a VPN but less secure. A Smart DNS proxy doesn’t encrypt user data, which is why it’s fast.
Primarily, it reroutes the traffic needed to determine your geolocation through one of its designated servers. Additionally, it doesn’t change your IP address, and you don’t need any software to run it. If you want to watch ESPN in Europe, follow the steps below:
- First, head over to Unlocator and sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- Follow these videos/setup tutorials to configure Smart DNS on your streaming device.
- Go to ESPN’s website or application.
- Enjoy your unlimited access to all of ESPN’s content in Europe.
For a reliable proxy, make sure you choose Unlocator. This provider is perfect for unblocking content and bypassing geo-restrictions. It can unblock over 200 channels and it offers a 7-day free trial.
Get ESPN in Europe
There’s a lot going on in the sports world today, and ESPN covers it all. This gives you all the more reason to get this streaming service in Europe. The process that you are required to go through to get ESPN outside the US is pretty easy. All you have to do is choose between a VPN or Smart DNS, and you’ll have ESPN streaming in anywhere in Europe.