How to Watch NBC outside USA – Unblock in UK Canada
The National Broadcasting Company, aka NBC, is an American TV channel that broadcasts a variety of the most popular TV shows. Its line-up includes America’s Got Talent, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, The Blacklist, Law and Order, The Voice, and my personal favorite: Saturday Night Live. These quality programs gathered millions of viewers from all over the world, but online streamers like me cannot watch them from outside the US because NBC is geo-blocked. However, I found a way (well, two ways to be more accurate) to unblock and watch the channel from abroad. Therefore, let’s give a warm welcome to your new ticket to NBC: VPNs and Smart DNS proxies.
How to Get NBC in UK or Canada with VPN
If you’ve ever tried to access NBC from outside Uncle Sam’s territories, then this message should sound familiar to you: “Sorry, this video is not available from your location.”
This location error message will pop up on your screen because NBC can detect your location through your IP address. And the only way to hide and change it is with a virtual private network. This tool can bypass geo-blocks by rerouting your internet traffic to a remote server in any region you want. This will trick NBC to think that you are inside the United States, and you’ll have access to all its content.
Furthermore, the VPN will encrypt your traffic and protect it from the prying eyes of your internet service provider, or any other party that may be lurking.
In my opinion, this is the best method to unblock NBC when you’re overseas and maintain your internet anonymity. I recommend that you subscribe to the highest-ranked providers that actually deliver what they promise. The one I’m currently using is ExpressVPN, one of the best VPNs in the business, and I always launch it when I want to stream Saturday Night Live from abroad.
They have over 3,000 servers in 94 countries, including the USA, of course, so NBC is just a few clicks away. They also have a no-logging policy and the strongest security features, including the AES 256-bit encryption protocol. Moreover, their 30-day refund policy lets you test all the features before you make any long-term commitments. During that period, if you’re dissatisfied with the service, you can ask for your money back.
Here’s what you should do to get ExpressVPN or any other VPN for that matter:
- Head over to their website and sign up.
- Download and install the app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device. You can do so from the ExpressVPN website or the app store.
- Launch the app, sign in, then connect to any network from the United States.
- Wait a few seconds till the VPN connection is established, then open NBC.
- You’ll notice that the location error message is no more and you can now stream your favorite NBC shows from anywhere.
And if you’re not too impressed with ExpressVPN, choose any of the alternatives below. Don’t worry, they all have elite status.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Unblock NBC outside USA with Smart DNS Proxies
If you’re not too fond of the VPN method, your only other solution is a Smart DNS proxy. You won’t get the same stellar security and privacy features that VPNs offer, but if your only aim is to access geo-restricted channels like NBC, these tools will get the job done. Just don’t count on them if you want to hide your IP address or encrypt your traffic.
Here’s what you should know before you sign up to a Smart DNS service:
- Smart DNS proxies have high compatibility. You can install them on every device, from smartphones, to computers, to smart TVs.
- Each Smart DNS service has a different list of supported channels, which means they can’t unblock any streaming service you want. Therefore, I advise you to consider a provider that has access to major channels like Unlocator. It supports major channels like NBC, ABC, HBO, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, BT Sport and much more.
- Don’t subscribe to a Smart DNS service if your ISP uses transparent proxies or DNS hijacking because they won’t function well.
- You can unblock channels from different regions at the same time, like the USA’s NBC and the UK’s ITV.
- You’ll still have access to local websites when you use Smart DNS.
I recommend you subscribe to Unlocator. It has a large list of supported channels, not to mention easy setup guides and manuals for all devices and routers. Furthermore, they offer a free 7-day trial period to fully test the service before you sign up.
Best TV Series on NBC
- America’s Got Talent
- American Ninja Warrior
- Chicago Fire
- Chicago PD
- Days of Our Lives
- Law & Order
- Saturday Night Live
- This Is Us
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Falon
- The Voice
NBC Compatible Streaming Devices
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Apple TV
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
How to Watch NBC Anywhere in the World – Wrap Up
When you use a VPN or a Smart DNS proxy, you won’t just have access to NBC, but also to every US-restricted channel no matter where you are. That includes the likes of CBS, TBS, ABC, or CNN. Have you tried any of the methods suggested above? Share your experience with other expats below.