For South Koreans living abroad, getting access to the channels and the shows from back home is important. If you’re not living in your home country, it’s only natural to get home-sick. South Korea is built on the ideals of community, so getting access to the programs and shows that reflect this ideal is important.To get access to websites and applications blocked outside of South Korea, you’re going to need a South Korean IP address. The easiest way to get a South Korean IP address is by using a VPN.
How to Get a South Korean IP Address Using a VPN
A VPN is a fast and secure way to change your public IP. A virtual private network provides a layer of anonymity and security online by re-routing your traffic through a secure connection. For that to happen, you have to connect to the VPN’s optimized servers. VPNs will provide a list of servers they run for you to connect to.
To get a South Korean IP with a VPN, you need to connect to a South Korean server. Here’s how you do that:
- Go to a VPN provider’s website and sign-up to the service.
- Download and install the app the best suits your device. VPNs will have apps for Windows, Android, and iOS devices.
- Launch the app and sign-in to your account.
- Find a South Korean server and hit connect. Wait for the connection to establish.
- Use the internet with a South Korean IP!
Best VPN To Get a South Korean IP Address
My recommendation is to use ExpressVPN. It has been widely acclaimed as the best VPN service provider, and for good reason. ExpressVPN has over 2000 servers in more than 94 countries, meaning that you would have the opportunity to connect to servers all over the world.
ExpressVPN is also amazing at keeping you safe and anonymous online. It uses military-grade encryptions for your data and has 5 different VPN protocols for added security. The great thing about ExpressVPN is that it has a 30-Day Money-Back guarantee, so you can test it out fully before you decide to commit.
If you find out that ExpressVPN isn’t for you, take a look at one of these top-tier VPNs:
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
Why would you need a South Korean IP?
I, for one, want a South Korean internet connection, but that’s a different topic entirely. A South Korean IP helps immigrants, travelers, and expats from South Korea stay in touch with the entertainment and local-news industries in South Korea. People who are learning to speak the language could benefit from watching South Korean programs, and access to KBS1, KBS2, SBS, KNN-TV and more can help develop a fresher’s skills.
How to Get a South Korean IP Outside of South Korea – Final Thoughts
A VPN is a great tool that people can use to access content from “back home”. Geo-blocks aren’t something people want to deal with, but knowing that you have a readily available and easy to use tool to help you bypass that makes leaving your country a little easier.