Switch to a Spanish IP address from outside Spain? You wouldn’t know how valuable your Spanish IP address is until you leave Spain’s borders. Once you’re in Portugal, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, USA, UK, or even Italy, you will be stripped of your Spanish TV watching and hometown services’ privileges. You will no longer be able to access any of your hometown content because simply your IP changed when you moved to another country. To mitigate that problem and regain access to your favorite Spanish TV channels, web pages, services, and shows you must get a Spanish IP abroad. And the only way to do that is with a virtual private network, better known as a VPN.
How to Get a Spanish IP
Get a Spanish IP Using a VPN
If you want to access Spanish streaming channels and banking services from outside Spain, all while maintaining your online security and privacy, you’ll need a VPN.
The virtual private network was designed as a cybersecurity tool that encrypts your online data and reroutes through its server network. All you have to do is choose a server location and connect to it. Once that connection is established, your VPN will encrypt your traffic and send it through the server you selected.
This process will also spoof your online location as the VPN will hide your actual IP address and give you a new one from the region that you selected. Simply put, if you want a Spanish IP address, you have to connect to a server from Spain. As a result, you’ll appear to be browsing the internet from inside the country, which gives you access to every Spanish-restricted webpage.
And if you follow the below steps, you’ll get your Spanish IP in no time:
- Get yourself a VPN service that has server locations in Spain. But make sure it’s a good one like ExpressVPN with strong security features and fast speed levels.
- After you create your account, you must download and install the app on your device. Most VPNs allow multiple simultaneous connections using a single account.
- Now that you have the app on your iPhone, iPad, Android, PC, or Mac, open it and sign in.
- Connect to a server from Spain.
- Once your connection is established, you’ll be able to access any Spanish website you want.
Best VPN for Changing Your IP Address
As with every other product, there are good VPNs and bad ones. The ones that offer good services will cost you an average $10 a month, but for all the features you’ll be getting, it’s worth it. Free services, on the other hand, will cost you so much more than money. They come at the expense of your online privacy and security because their encryption protocols are either weak or nonexistent. As for privacy, they will store your data and sell it advertisers or other third parties.
That is why I recommend you do what I did to watch Gran Hotel from Australia and subscribe to ExpressVPN. The monthly fee for this service is $12.95, which makes it one of the most expensive VPNs on the market. But when you look at what you’ll be getting for that amount of money, you’ll consider it a bargain.
- Military-grade AES 256-bit encryption.
- Kill switch.
- No collected or shared data.
- Smart DNS proxy service.
- DNS leak protection.
- Large server network (3,000 servers in 94 countries).
- Torrenting and P2P sharing support.
- Ability to access all Netflix libraries.
- Excellent speed rates.
- Up to five device connections at the same time per account.
- 24/7 customer support service (with live chat feature).
- 30-day refund policy.
And if you want other options to consider, check out these elite alternatives below. You can also read more about the best VPNs for Spain in this review.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Why Need a Spanish IP?
A VPN allows you to bypass geographic restrictions by changing your online location. To access Spanish websites from all over the world, you’ll need a Spanish IP address to trick web hosts into thinking that you are a resident of Spain. By simply clicking on a Spanish server using your VPN app, you’ll be able to change your IP address and unblock any website you want.
What if you want to learn Spanish, and the content you require is located in Spain? You’ll have to get a Spanish IP address in order to get access to Spanish material. Plus there’s no better way to learn a language than refer to original content such as movies, news, and TV shows.
Carry out Businesses
If you’re a Spanish business owner who’s taking a long vacation, you’ll need to keep tabs on your business and make sure everything is alright. You might also want to check your bank account or make transactions from abroad. The thing about banking services is that they are often geo-blocked outside their respective regions due to security issues. But with a Spanish IP address, you’ll appear as if you were inside the country and you’ll be able to carry out your businesses safely and privately.
Shop for Less
Switching to a Spanish IP address can also save you quite a lot of money when you’re shopping online. You can benefit from several discounts happening in Spain or nearby countries as you’ll appear to be inside the nation.
Get a Spanish IP Address
Your IP address has a lot to reveal about your identity and location. When you don’t hide or change your IP address, you’re cover is blown online in a way that anyone can control your online experience. Not only can third parties spy on you, but they can also stop you from accessing specific content. If you’re a Spanish expat who wants to watch Movistar TV, RTVE, and Telecinco you are going to have to use a VPN to get a Spanish IP.
Let us know in the comment section below which VPN have you chosen to get yourself to change your IP.