The National Irish language Public Service Broadcaster, TG4 is not available outside Ireland. But that doesn’t mean it cannot be accessed from outside Ireland. With a VPN, getting TG4 abroad is very possible. Find out how in the following article.
How to Watch TG4 Player Outside Ireland
How to Watch TG4 Player Outside Ireland Using a VPN
Watching TG4’s programming allows you to make a direct connection with Ireland’s living culture. In fact, it’s one of the best ways to get some motivation in your journey to speak some Irish Gaelic, to make that real connection with your Irish heritage. Unfortunately, TG4 is blocked outside Ireland. However, with a VPN, that can be changed.
A VPN connects your device to a server located in Ireland thus giving you that server’s IP. After connecting to an Irish server, you’ll be provided with an Irish IP. With that new IP, you’d be able to access TG4. Here’s how you use a VPN to unblock TG4 in Ireland.
- Sign up with a VPN provider that works with TG4.
- Download and install the VPN application on your PC, Mac, Android, iOS device.
- Launch the VPN application and sign in using your VPN account.
- Now, connect to an Irish VPN server.
- Finally, stream TG4 outside Ireland at all times.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and most reliable service provider out there. We highly recommend that you subscribe to this VPN service provider. ExpressVPN has a long history of bypassing geo restrictions and unblocking material, all of which were successful. Feel free to read our article on the best VPN for Ireland or check out other service providers in the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
About TG4 Player
TG4 brings Irish language programming content to audiences in Ireland on all platforms and worldwide. The channel’s Irish language output is available worldwide on the TG4 Player. The channel launched on 31 October 1996. It is available to 98% of homes in Ireland through digital terrestrial television Saorview and is available on Virgin Media Ireland, eVision, Magnet Network, and Sky Ireland.
TG4 has launched a new advertising campaign that features an eclectic bunch of celebrities including drag queen Panti Bliss, astronaut Chris Hadfield, Rubberbandit ‘Blindboy Boatclub’, women’s rugby sensation Sene and weather presenter Caitlín Nic Aoidh, all to encourage everyone to use and celebrate whatever Irish they have.
Watch TG4 Player Outside Ireland
An average of 650,000 viewers a day watch TG4 in the Republic of Ireland. That number is about to increase now that people know how to unblock TG4 outside Ireland. With a couple of taps, the streaming service quickly becomes at your service no matter where you are.