CNN is among the world’s leaders in online news and information delivery. That’s why many people are looking for ways to add CNN to their Kodi addons. Recently, and official CNN plugin was added to the Kodi add-on repository. While there doesn’t seem to be an option to watch CNN live included, the plugin does allow users to watch various news clips related to business, politics, health, weather, entertainment, travel, and much more. If you want to install the CNN Kodi addon on your PC, Mac, FireStick, Android, or Raspberry Pi, follow the instructions below.
How to Install CNN on Kodi?
As I’ve previously mentioned, the CNN plugin can be found in the official Kodi add-on repository. To add it to your video addons, follow these steps:
- Launch your Kodi application.
- Head over to Addons.
- Click on the little package addon installation icon in the top left corner.
- Now select ‘Install from Repository’.
- Next choose the Kodi add-on repository -> Video add-ons.
- Click on CNN -> Install.
- Wait for the ‘Addon enabled’ notification.
- Go back to your Kodi homescreen and click on Addons -> Video addons.
- Choose CNN.
That’s all it takes to add the CNN Kodi Addon.
Best VPN for Kodi
Most Kodi addons only work in certain regions such as USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany. To bypass these regional restrictions and watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you want anywhere you want you have to spoof your location online using VPN. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons, such as USTVNow, that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2017 below.[tableDate]
How to Install CNN on Kodi – Final Thoughts
Hopefully the ability to watch live news using the CNN Kodi plugin will be added in the near future. If you often follow the news live online, feel free to check our list of best news Kodi plugins as well.