What are the best addons to watch news on Kodi? From politics, sports, and business to natural disasters and wars, watching the news online gives you insight on what’s happening in the world around us. Kodi has some great plugins that allow you to watch live news from the USA, UK, Australia, Canada and the rest of the world. In the review below, we take a look at the best official news addons for Kodi in 2017.
Best News Addons for Kodi
The Best News Addons on Kodi
Here are our favorite official Kodi plugins to watch the news:
- Fox News
- Sky News
- CBC News
- Haystack TV
One of the most popular news stations in the world, Fox News provides live coverage of major events happening in the United States and the rest of the world.
Similarly to Fox News, Sky News needs no introduction. It one of the most watched news channels in both the United Kingdom and United States.
RT – Russia Today
RT presents round-the-clock news bulletins, documentaries, talk shows, and debates, as well as sports news and cultural programs on Russia aimed at the overseas news market. In 2011 it was the second most-watched foreign news channel in the U.S. after BBC World News, and the number one foreign station in five major U.S. urban areas in 2012.
NewsON provides instant access to live or on-demand broadcasts from over 170 local stations in 113 U.S. markets. Access previous newscasts for up to 48 hours after they air, and share interesting stories with the integrated social media share function directly from the app. Search for a local station with the interactive map or watch the station closest to you on smartphones, tablets, or Roku streaming players. Save favorite stations, and stay updated with breaking news alerts sent directly to mobile devices from the local source of the news. Stay connected anytime, anywhere without a cable subscription or login.
CBC.ca is Canada’s Online Information Source. Comprehensive web site for news, entertainment, sports, and business. CBC can only be watching in Canada. Here’s how you can install CBC News on Kodi.
Newsy is a video news network that produces short-form video news pieces that provide breaking news and updates across U.S. and world news, policy and politics, science and health, entertainment, technology, business and sports.
Haystack TV is the perfect Kodi addon for news junkies. Watch breaking, world and local news in a headline news channel personalized for you.
How to Install News Addons on Kodi
All of the addons listed above can be found in the official Kodi add-on repository. Here’s how you can install them on your PC, Mac, Android, FireStick, or Raspberry Pi.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Addons.
- Click on Sky News or any other news addon you wish to add -> Install.
- Wait until you see Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install will appear here.
Get More Content – Use VPN with Kodi
Many official Kodi addons only work in certain regions such as USA, UK, Canada, and Russia. To bypass these regional restrictions and watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you want anywhere you want you have to spoof your location online using VPN. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons, such as USTVNow, that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.
Last Updated Today
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
Best News Addons on Kodi – Wrap Up
With all that’s happening in the world right now, it can be quite hard to keep up with all the latest news. Hopefully the addons listed above will help you catch up with the latest news on Kodi.