Many FireStick owners, myself included, are aware of the geo-restrictions that prevent them from watching their favorite channels when abroad. Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and BBC are only some examples of geo-blocked channels.
That’s why many of them resort to using VPNs like Hola to bypass these regional restrictions. As a matter of fact, Hola is one of the many VPNs that is used for that purpose. But, is installing Hola on FireStick possible?
Can I Install Hola on FireStick?
Hola’s VPN apps are compatible with Windows PC, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. As you may have noticed, Amazon Fire Stick is missing. Disappointingly, Hola cannot be directly installed on FireTV Sticks. Not all VPNs offer VPN and FireStick compatibility. While it’s better to have a VPN that is compatible with a wide array of devices, Hola is not the only one with this case scenario.
Many other top-tier VPN service providers don’t offer apps for FireSticks like NordVPN, VyprVPN, and PureVPN. If you want to set-up a VPN on your second-generation FireStick, you will have to subscribe to a VPN that offers compatible VPN apps such as BulletVPN and IPVanish.
Instructions on how to Install VPN on FireStick
As I said, you’ll have to subscribe to a VPN like ExpressVPN, BulletVPN or IPVanish so that you can get a VPN functioning on your FireStick device. If you follow the directions below, you can get that done in minutes.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN and create your VPN account.
- Start your Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV.
- Head on over to ‘Apps’ that is located at the top of your home screen.
- Click on ‘Categories’ -> ‘Utility’.
- Pick the ExpressVPN application.
- If you couldn’t find the ‘Utility’ section, look for ExpressVPN in the Amazon Store.
- Then, press the ‘Get’ button and start with downloading the app.
- Once that’s done, click ‘Open.’
- Now, sign in with your ExpressVPN account.
- Lastly, pick the VPN server location you want to connect to.
- Once you have secured that VPN connection, press the home button on your Fire Stick remote control.
Get Hola VPN on Fire Stick – Final Thoughts
In case you’re using Hola on any of your devices, I advise you to look for alternative VPN service providers. Hola is notorious for selling their users’ bandwidth, and using their service won’t allow you to unblock most of the primary streaming services anyway.
So, you’re better off with a well-reputed VPN like ExpressVPN. After all, it’s your call. But, either way, I’d like to know what you’ve chosen to subscribe to. So, make sure you leave comments in the section down below.