How to install and watch CBC Sports on Kodi 17 Krypton or Kodi 18 Leia? The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, aka CBC, is Canada’s most popular TV and Radio station. It offers viewers a wide range of programs that cover news, drama, sports, and much more. The CBC Sports section specializes in covering sports events such as the Winter Olympics 2018 in PyeongChang, Korea. In case you’re looking for instructions to install the CBC Sports Kodi addon on FireStick, Raspberry Pi, Nvidia Shield, Xbox One, Android, PC, or Mac, take a look at the tutorial below.
How to Install CBC Sports on Kodi?
How to Install CBC Sports on Kodi
Follow the instructions below to install the CBC Sports addon on Kodi and watch various live sporting events in addition to highlights and the CBS Sports archive. Keep in mind that the CBS Sports Kodi plugin is geo-restricted. In other words, you won’t be able to use the addon unless you live in Canada. In case you’re a Canadian expat currently living outside Canada, you need to use VPN in order to bypass these regional restrictions.
- The first thing you need to do after launching Kodi Krypton is click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
- Make sure to turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you will not be able to install third-party add-ons.
- When the warning box pops up, click ‘Yes’.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen, and click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- From here, go to File Manager -> Add Source.
- Select None and then enter the following path without the quotes “http://fusion.tvaddons.co/”.
- Name it ‘Fusion’ and click ‘OK’.
- From the Kodi homescreen, select Addons.
- Click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Choose ‘Install from Zip file’ -> Fusion -> begin-here.
- Select plugin.program.indigo-x.x.x.zip and install it.
- Wait until you see the add-on enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select ‘My Addons’ -> ‘Program Addons’
- Choose Indigo from the list.
- Now, select ‘Addon Installer’ -> ‘Video Addons’ -> ‘C’ -> Click on ‘CBC Sports’ -> Install.
- Finally, click on ‘Restart’.
- Relaunch the Kodi app and go to ‘Video Addons’.
- Select CBC Sports.
Best VPN for Kodi
Most Kodi addons only work in certain regions. To bypass these regional restrictions and watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you want anywhere you want you have to spoof your location online using VPN. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.
Last Updated Today
How to Install CBC Sports on Kodi – Final Thoughts
That’s all you need to know about how to setup the CBC Sports addon on Kodi and watch your favorite sports events live on FireStick, Android TV, or any other device you might have installed Kodi on. Have inquiries or questions? Leave a comment below.