How to install and watch France TV on Kodi 17.6 Krypton or Kodi 18 Leia? French is one of the world’s most popular languages. The France TV Kodi addon allows users of the popular media center to watch both live and on-demand content from the official France TV channel. In the tutorial below, you can find instructions on how to install France TV on Kodi using your PC, Mac, Android, FireStick, Xbox One, Nvidia Shield, or Raspberry Pi.
How to Install France TV on Kodi – Step By Step
Before we go into details on how to setup the France TV Kodi addon, please note that this particular add-on is geo-restricted. That means you cannot watch France TV on Kodi unless you live in the United States. To bypass these regional restrictions, you have to use VPN which will, in turn, allow you to get a French IP address abroad. More on that later. Here’s how you can setup France TV on Kodi.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Click on France TV -> Install.
- Wait until you see the France TV Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi home screen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left-hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including France TV, will appear here.
Alternatively, you could download the official France TV add-on from here, and then set it up by clicking on ‘Install from Zip File’ instead of ‘Install from repository’.
Best VPN for Kodi
Most Kodi add-ons, including France TV, only work in certain regions such as USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany. To bypass these regional restrictions and watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you want anywhere you want, you have to spoof your location online using VPN. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi add-ons, such as USTVNow, that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to set up a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps for PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN are the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.[tableDate]
How to Watch France TV on Kodi – Wrap Up
That’s all you need to know about how to setup the France TV Kodi add-on on your PC, Android, Fire TV Stick, or Raspberry Pi. Have you tried watching live French TV using this particular plugin? How did it go? Share your experiene by dropping a comment below.