You and many others might find yourselves wondering why anyone would want to install Kodi on an Android TV Box? By installing Kodi on your Android TV Box, you would be unlocking the greatest treasure of entertainment from free movies to live streams and so much more.
The reason why you need Kodi is because, without it, you can’t get any of the add ons that bring you all this fantastic content. Below, you’ll find an outlined step-by-step guide that will explain how to setup Kodi Krypton 17 on any Android TV Box all so that you can enjoy an unlimited amount of movies, series, shows, live streams, sports, and more.
How to Install Kodi 17 on Android TV Box
Install Kodi on Android TV Box (Krypton 17 Build)
There are two ways that you can adopt to install Kodi on your Android streaming box. The first one involves the Google Play Store, while the second requires you to use the ES File Explorer app. Choose your preferred Krypton 17 installation method below.
Here’s a list of all Android Boxes these guides are tested on. If you’re streaming box isn’t listed, don’t worry. You should still be able to use either Kodi Krypton 17 installation method.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Mini M8S
- Q10 Pro
- Nvidia Shield
- Matricom G-Box Q2
- Razor Forge TV
- Google Nexus Player
- M9C MINI
- MXQ Pro
- MX3 Plus
- HyppTV Box
- T957 Plus
Install Kodi on Android TV Box With Google Play Store
If you have the Google Play Store installed on your Android TV, setting up Kodi can take a couple of minutes. Follow these steps.
- Launch your Android TV Box.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Locate the ‘Kodi’ application and click on it.
- Now, download and install Kodi on your Android TV Box.
- You can click on ‘Open’ after the completion of the installation process.
- Or, you can return to your Android TV Box’s homepage where you can launch the Kodi app.
Get Kodi on Android TV Box using ES File Explorer
If you do not have access to Google Play Store on your Android TV Box for some reason, you can alternatively make use of the ES Explorer app so that you can download Kodi 17. Here are the directions you must follow.
- Go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘System’ -> ‘Developer Options’ from your Android TV box.
- Switch the ‘Allow apps from unknown sources’ to on.
- Open the ES Explorer app and run through the menu.
- Now, go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Download Manager’ in the left-hand menu.
- From the bottom of the menu, click on ‘+ New.’
- For the selection of ‘Path,’ you’ll have to type in https://thevpn.guru/kodi.apk and click ‘OK.’
- If you want to select ‘Name’ input ‘Kodi.’
- Click on ‘Download Now.’
- Once you download the Kodi apk file, click on ‘Open file.’
- Install it on your Android TV Box.
- Return to your Android TV Box home screen.
- Activate your Kodi app.
Get Video Addons on Android TV Box
Here’s how you can install official Kodi addons on any Android TV Box.
- Start your Kodi app and then head on over to ‘Addons.’
- You’ll find in the top left corner, the Package Installer Icon.
- After you select it, select ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Add-ons.
- Now, click on any video addon you wish to add -> Install.
- After you see the Addon Enabled notification, return to the Kodi home screen.
- From the left-hand column, select the ‘Addons’ tab.
- Go ahead and click on Video Addons.
- Every video you download will show up on your home screen.
Hide your IP Address on your Android TV Box
Hiding your IP address on your Android TV Box has a lot of advantages. Masking your IP is important, especially if you reside in a country where Kodi pre-loaded boxes can be considered illegal.
- You gain the opportunity to switch up your Google Play Store region. Changing your store’s region means you can download and install official Android apps that are otherwise where you are.
- The VPN modifies your traffic’s location and makes it appear as if it’s coming from a different place. As a result, you get to access channels and services you don’t have where you are.
- Also, you get to download torrents on your Android TV Box anonymously.
- With a VPN connection, you get to encrypt your data in a way no third party can access it.
To install a VPN app on your Android TV, follow this guide. I’ve tested ExpressVPN‘s app on my Android streaming box, and it works flawlessly. Take a look at the best VPNs for Android TV boxes.
Last Updated Yesterday
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
Get Kodi 17 on Android TV Box
In summary, install Kodi 17 on your Android TV. Then set up your favorite video addons on Kodi. Finally, add a VPN app to your Android device to make sure your IP address is hidden at all times. What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments below.