The Amazon Fire Stick is a great product for online streaming. In fact, it’s one of my favorites, which is why I want to make full use of its function by installing Kodi 18 Leia on it. If you’re looking for ways to do the same thing, this is where you need to be. I explain the whole Kodi 18 Leia installation processes in the guide below, don’t miss it.
How to Install Kodi 18 Leia on FireStick Tutorial
This article looks into the ways in which you can download and install Kodi 18 Leia on FireStick using ES File Explorer or Downloader needless of a computer. The new Kodi 18 version is still in development mode. That means it has not been officially released yet. Nonetheless, you can try the new version out yourself. You’ll find instructions that explain how you can install the best addons for Kodi 18 below.
Install Kodi 18 Leia on FireStick using ES File Explorer
Here’s how to setup Kodi 18 on FireStick using ES Explorer.
- Turn on your Fire TV.
- Next, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘System’ -> ‘Developer Options.’
- Turn the ‘Allow apps from unknown sources” on.
- While you are on the Amazon Fire Stick main menu, go to ‘Search.’
- Now, type in ‘ES Explorer’.
- Press on the ES Explorer app icon.
- Download and install the app, then launch it.
- Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Download Manager’ found in the left-hand menu.
- From the bottom of the menu, click on ‘+ New’ from the bottom menu.
- In the selection of ‘Path’, type https://thevpn.guru/kodi18.apk and click ‘OK’.
- In the selection of ‘Name’, input ‘Kodi’.
- Click on ‘Download Now’.
- Wait for your Kodi installation file to download.
- After you download Kodi apk file, click on ‘Open file’ to install it on your FireStick.
- Head back to your FireStick’s home screen.
- Go ahead and launch the Kodi 18 app.
Install Kodi 18 Leia on Fire TV Stick with Downloader
Get the Downloader app on your FireStick so that you can download and install Kodi 18.
- Turn on your Fire TV.
- Second, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Device’ -> ‘Developer Options.’
- Activate ‘Allow apps from Unknown Sources’
- Look for ‘Search’ while you are on the Amazon Fire Stick main menu,
- Now, type in ‘Downloader’.
- To download and install the Downloader app, click on its icon.
- Open the Downloader app.
- While you’re in the Downloader app main menu, enter the following URL: https://thevpn.guru/kodi18.apk.
- Select ‘Go’.
- Wait for the Kodi 18 installation file to download.
- After the Kodi 18 app download process finishes up, install it on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Select ‘Open’.
- Finally, launch the Kodi 18 app on your FireStick.
Installing Addons on Kodi 18 Leia
Follow the direction below to install the best addons on Kodi 18 Leia.
- Launch the Kodi 18 app on your FireStick.
- Click on ‘Addons’.
- Now, click on the Package Installation icon located in the left corner.
- Now, tap on ‘Install from repository’.
- Select ‘Kodi add-on repository’ -> Video Addons.
- Look for ‘USTVNOW’ or any other video plugin to install.
- Click on ’Install’ and wait for the addon enabled notification.
- Return to Kodi’s home screen.
- Now, click on Addons -> Video addons.
- Pick USTVNOW.
Get Content Unblocked – with a VPN
There are Kodi addons that only work in specific regions like the UK, US, Australia, Canada, and Germany. However, you can bypass the restrictions imposed on these addons, so you can watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you wish. Spoofing your location is a must, and you can achieve that with a VPN. Check out all the benefits you have to gain when subscribed to a VPN:
- VPN Apps: First, the apps which VPN companies create have easy-to-use software and run on almost all platforms, making them user-friendly.
- More Privacy: By choosing a VPN that employs strong encryptions and high-security standards, you can ensure that your data is protected and kept safe.
- Remove restrictions on Kodi Add-ons: As pre-mentioned above, some Kodi addons only function in certain regions. However, with VPN connection, you get to bypass these regional restrictions and access the add ons you want anywhere.
- Avoid ISP Throttling: Your ISP has a knack of throttling your internet speed when you’re streaming content online. But, with a VPN connection, you can put an end to its throttling activities.
The VPN I used with Kodi proved to be very effective. Apparently, ExpressVPN has been a leading VPN provider for a long time now, and after using it, I understood why. The company has its a large network of servers all optimized to work well with Kodi add-ons. You can have a look at our best Kodi VPNs in 2019 in the following table. Now, for an in-depth guide, this review will let you know everything you want to know.
Last Updated Yesterday
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Install Kodi 18 Leia on Fire Stick
That’s practically what you need to know in order to setup Kodi 18 on Amazon Fire Stick. Given that this version is still under development, there are bound to be some issues and bugs here and there. What do you think of the new version? Tell us what you think in the comments below. Also, we would like to know which method you’re going to adopt.