If you want to keep track of the movies and TV shows you’re watching across different streaming services and media players such as Kodi, Netflix, Plex, Emby, VLC and others. There is a dedicated Trakt plugin you can install on Kodi 17 Krypton. In the tutorial below, you can find instructions on how to install Trakt.tv on Kodi as well as set it up on PC, Mac, Android, FireStick, or Raspberry Pi.
What is Trakt
According to the official Trakt.tv website, Trakt is a platform that does many things, but primarily keeps track of TV shows and movies you watch. It integrates with your media center or home theater PC to enable scrobbling, so everything is automatic. While Trakt is free, there is also a premium version that has VIP features such as no ads, advanced filtering, list cloning, and widgets.
First: Create Your Trakt Account
If you don’t already have one, head over to the official Trakt website and sign up. Make sure you use your email address and not your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account when signing up.
How to Install Trakt Kodi Addon
Now that you have created your Trakt account, it’s time to install the Trakt Kodi addon on your PC, Android, FireStick, or Raspberry Pi. Follow the instructions below:
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Program Addons.
- Click on Trakt -> Install.
- Wait until you see the Trakt Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Program Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including Trakt, will appear here.
How to Setup Trakt on Kodi 17 Krypton
The last step requires you to configure the Trakt Kodi addon. Here’s how it’s done:
- Once you have installed Trakt.tv on Kodi, you will be given an activation code.
- Head over to https://trakt.tv/activate and enter the activation code.
- Click on ‘Continue’.
- When prompted ‘Allow Trakt for Kodi to use your account?’, select ‘Yes’.
- Your device is now connected and will automatically refresh in a few seconds.
- That’s all you need to do. Trakt will now keep track of the movies and TV shows you’re watching on Kodi.
Best VPN for Kodi
Many Kodi addons only work in certain regions such as USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany. To bypass these regional restrictions and watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you want anywhere you want you have to spoof your location online using VPN. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons, such as USTVNow, that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.[tableDate]
How to Install Trakt on Kodi – Wrap Up
Trakt is a great tool for those who use various streaming services and are looking for a way to sync all the content they’re watching. The Trakt Kodi addon allows you to bring this valuable feature to your Kodi media player. Have you tried the plugin out yourself? Are there any tips and tricks you’d like to share with other Kodi users? Simply drop a comment below.