How to download and install the ZDF Kodi addon on PC, Mac, Android, FireStick, Xbox One, Raspberry Pi? Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen, aka ZDF, is one of Germany’s most popular TV channels. It covers everything from news, movies, TV shows, weather, to sports events. If you’re living in Germany or are a German expat living abroad, you’re probably looking for ways to add ZDF to your Kodi addons. Take a look at the instructions below for more info on how to install ZDF on Kodi.
How to Install ZDF on Kodi
How to Install ZDF on Kodi – Instructions
The official Kodi add-on repository contains two ZDF addons: ZDF Mediathek and ZDF Mediathek 2016. You can use the steps below to add either plugin to your video addons. Keep in mind that only ZDF Mediathek 2016 offers live streaming of ZDF channels. Additionally, the addon won’t work if you currently reside outside Germany due to geo-restrictions. To bypass these geoblocks, you need to use VPN. More on that later.
- Open Kodi and click on ‘Addons’.
- From there, click on the Package Installer Icon in the top-left corner.
- Now select ‘Install from Repository’.
- Choose the Kodi Add-on Repository and then click on ‘Video Addons’.
- Select ZDF Mediathek 2016 from the list and then select ‘Install’.
- Wait for the ‘Addon Enabled notification’ and then go back to your Kodi homescreen.
- Click on Addons -> Video Addons -> ZDF Mediathek 2016.
- You have successfully installed ZDF on Kodi.
Best VPN for Kodi in 2018
Most Kodi addons, including ZDF, iPlayer WWW, and USTVNow only work in certain regions such as USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany. To bypass these regional restrictions and watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you want anywhere you want you have to spoof your location online using VPN. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons, such as USTVNow, that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.
Last Updated Today
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Watch ZDF on Kodi – Wrap Up
That’s all you need to know about how to install the ZDF Kodi addon and watch both live and on-demand German videos on your FireStick, Android TV Box, or any other device you might have setup Kodi on. Have you tried installing the ZDF Mediathek 2016 plugin? How did it go? Let us know by dropping a comment below.