The Major League Baseball 2022 is coming on April 7th, 2022, and we’re all excited. However, with regional blackouts in place, a lof baseball fans might miss their favorite team dominating on the field.
Such blackouts occur when a local broadcaster in your city/region has the right to broadcast the game. If you are in the USA or Canada and you trying to watch your Dodgers team compete online, you’re probably ending up with a screen saying that the game is not available.
Well, we’re going to change that. In this guide, we will explain how to spoof your location and bypass MLB blackouts in USA or Canada. MLB app! You’re ours.
Watch MLB Anywhere – Quick Guide
Time needed: 4 minutes.
To watch every single MLB match without blackouts, you need to follow the steps below:
- Sign up with a VPN service.
We recommend ExpressVPN, but other excellent providers are provided below.
- Get the VPN application.
Download and install the VPN client on your device.
- Activate the VPN client.
Sign in with your username and password.
- Connect to a US server.
Choose a server in a US region where your selected game is not on TV.
- Launch MLB TV’s website or the MLB App.
Sign in with your account.
- Watch every single MLB game live.
Enjoy the upcoming MLB season anywhere, blackout-free.
Bypass MLB Blackouts – The Full Walkthrough
What are blackouts? How do they happen? And what other information do you need to know about bypassing them? Find out in this comprehensive guide:
What You Need
To successfully apply this workaround, you’ll need all of the following:
- A subscription to a VPN that has a lot of US server locations.
- An MLB TV account.
- MLB-compatible device.
MLB.TV Blackout Bypass – The basics
As per MLB.com “Regular Season Local Live Blackout: All live games on MLB are subject to local blackouts.
“Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, live games occurring each Saturday with a scheduled start time after 1:10 PM ET or before 7:05 PM ET and each Sunday with a scheduled start time after 5:00 PM ET will be blacked out in the United States.”
That’s what the website states. However, when you witness it on your own, it has a completely different impact. Here’s a list of MLB blackout errors you can get when trying to watch your favorite baseball team online.
- “We’re sorry. We have determined that you are located inside one of the applicable Club’s home television territories and are therefore blacked out of watching the game you selected. Live Audio of this game is available as part of your MLB.TV subscription.”
- “Media Error. This game is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few moments.”
- “This video is not currently available due to local or national blackout restrictions.”
- “We’re sorry. The broadcasters’ required blackout checks cannot be performed at this time. Please try again in a few moments.”
Such live games will be blacked out in each applicable Club’s home television territory (except for certain home television territories for which MLB may offer in-market subscription services). If a game is blacked out in an area, it is not available for live game viewing”.
So in essence, you need to appear to be coming from a location where a TV broadcast is not in place. All you have to do is follow the steps above.
MLB.TV Blackout and GPS Location
One other notable thing is that a lot of apps including iPad and iPhone BAT apps use GPS location services to determine location.
This breaks both of the solutions below. A workaround fix for this is to remove and reinstall the MLB app. Upon opening after reinstall when asked whether you want to allow or deny access to location services please choose DENY.
A VPN’s Benefits
VPN, short for Virtual Private Network, can be used to pipe all your traffic through a server, not in the USA or Canada. VPN will work on all of your handheld devices and computers.
It will also work for all your household devices if you do have a VPN-enabled router. Basically, VPN allows you to spoof your location online and trick MLB into thinking that you’re in a region where no broadcaster is present.
As a result, you’ll be able to watch live games no matter where you are in the United States or abroad. All you need is an account and a reputable VPN.
We’ve tested dozens of VPN providers for this task. Some were good, but others failed to come through. We were looking for speeds and a wide server network in the United States – and we found the right services.
The following VPN providers are our top choices when it comes to MLB.tv blackouts workarounds. ExpressVPN tops the list because of its top-notch server network, customer support, and 30-day refund guarantee.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
MLB.TV Blackout Fix Using Smart DNS Proxy
A Smart DNS Proxy only redirects part of your traffic and works on all devices. If you want to bypass MLB blackouts the supported devices are Apple TV, iOS, Smart TV, PS3, PS4, Roku, WD TV, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, and Mac. So more or less all devices. You can use the following steps to avoid MLB blackouts using Smart DNS proxies.
- Sign up with a Smart DNS proxy service that supports bypassing MLB blackout restrictions.
- Then, setup Smart DNS on your streaming device.
- Now, go to the MLB website or launch the app and sign in using your MLB.tv account.
- Finally, watch any MLB game you want, blackout-free.
I have been using a Smart DNS proxy service called Unlocator for a couple of years now. They’re probably the best Smart DNS you can use to get around MLB, NBA, NHL, and even NFL blackouts in USA or Canada. You can sign up for a free 7-day Unlocator trial without the need to register a credit card. to setup and support is great.
MLB TV Black-out Workaround – FAQ
Do you have more questions? Are you looking for more information about how MLB TV operates? Make sure you check the section below:
When Does the 2022 MLB Season Begin?
2022 MLB season kicks off on April 7 with the regular season and ends on October 5.
Can I watch MLB TV in the UK?
The service itself is only available in the US. However, you can use your subscription with Amazon Prime or Youtube TV to stream the games there. Blackouts still apply.
If you’re using the Kodi platform, you can watch the upcoming season by installing the official MLB TV add-on.
If I’m Not Using MLB TV, Where Are the Games Broadcasted?
MLB is a popular sport and a lot of channels act as official broadcasters in so many countries. You can find a list below:
- ESPN/TBS/Fox/MLB TV (United States)
- BT Sport (The UK)
- DAZN (Germany)
- Sky Italia (Italy)
- beIN Sport (France/MENA)
- ESPN (Australia/Netherlands)
What Devices Can I Watch MLB TV on?
Below is a list of all the devices you can install the MLB.tv app on.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- Samsung Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- WD TV
And Tips & Tricks for Bypassing MLB Blackouts?
Check the list below for more tricks and tips:
- If you are watching MLB.TV on your PC or Mac, make sure to clear your browser’s cookies and refresh the page the game is on after you setup VPN or Smart DNS.
- In case you use VPN, always connect to the same VPN server when you want to watch blacked out games.
- On your Samsung Smart TV, you might need to uninstall and then re-install the MLB app in order to successfully avoid MLB blackouts.
- If you use Smart DNS to watch blackout games, you will not lose access to other American channels, even after you configure Smart DNS on your device.
- You can use your exciting MLB account in addition to VPN or Smart DNS i.e. there is no need to sign up for a new MLB.tv account.
- In case you do run into any issues, always contact your VPN or Smart DNS service support first.
Avoid MLB Blackout – Conclusion
In short, both VPN and Smart DNS will allow you to watch blacked-out games regardless of where you currently live. What if those you choose is your call. Check the benefit lists, and make your call. Both are extremely easy to set up and configure. If you have any feedback, please share it in the comment boxes below.