How to unblock and watch US Netflix on Chromebook outside USA using VPN? The US Netflix region contains by far the most movies and TV shows. You can unblock American Netflix on Chromebook in Canada, UK, France, Australia, Germany, or anywhere abroad using VPN. Learn how to watch US Netflix on Chromebook overseas with VPN in this help guide.
American Netflix on Chromebook Unblock and Watch via VPN
US Netflix on Chromebook – How to Setup VPN Connection on Chromebook
VPN adds a layer of security to your Internet browsing by encrypting all of your data. The three main VPN protocols that Chromebook supports are IPsec, L2TP, and OpenVPN. The lists excludes PPTP. To install VPN on Chromebook, follow these steps.
- Sign into your Chromebook.
- Click the status area, where your account picture appears.
- Click Settings.
- In the “Internet connection” section, click Add connection.
- Click Add OpenVPN / L2TP.
- In the box that appears, fill in the information which is given to you by your VPN provider.
- Click Connect.
Unblock American Netflix on Chromebook – VPN
Not only does VPN encrypt all your traffic to protect you from potential hackers or spies, but it also allows you to change your iP address. The location of the new IP address you obtain depends on the country of the VPN server you are connected to. Thus, connecting to a US VPN server on your Chromebook unblocks American channels such as Netflix, HBO Go, Hulu, Showtime, Amazon Instant Video, Vudu, WWE Network, NBC Sports Live Extra, and more.
- First, you need to sign up with a VPN service. ExpressVPN is a good example.
- Then, get the American VPN server details and configure them on your Chromebook. Use the instructions I’ve listed above.
- Connect to the American VPN server. To make sure you’re IP address is now American, go to a website such as whatismyip.network or www.iplocation.net.
- Once you’ve confirmed you have a US IP address. Log into Netflix. You can now watch American Netflix on Chromebook outside USA.
The best VPN providers to unblock and watch US Netflix on Chromebook are can be found below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
US Netflix on Chromebook – Unblock and Watch using VPN
The steps needed to unblock and watch American Netflix on Chromebook using VPN also unblock all other US channels outside US.