“Can I get American Netflix in New Zealand?” Well, yes you can. Netflix blocks you from accessing its service based on your IP address. You can bypass regional restrictions by using Smart DNS or VPN. These solutions allow you unblock and watch US Netflix in New Zealand. Find out more info and instructions about Smart DNS and VPN in this help guide.
How to unblock and watch US Netflix in New Zealand – Smart DNS Proxy or VPN
How to Get American Netflix in New Zealand – VPN
VPN takes a more radical approach to grant you access to Netflix. It completely changes your IP address by rerouting all your traffic through a foreign VPN server. The nationality of your IP address depends on the location of the VPN server you choose.
- When you choose an American VPN server, you can watch all US-only streaming services. Stream Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, WWE Network, Hulu Plus, CBS All Access, and Sling TV in New Zealand.
- As I mentioned before, VPN changes your IP address. In some cases, this might restrict you from accessing certain local websites and online services.
- All your traffic will be encrypted as long as you’re using VPN.
VPN provider such as ExpressVPN offer VPN apps for PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android. These apps make installing VPN a piece of cake. If you want to get American Netflix in New Zealand on other devices, you have to set up VPN on a VPN router first.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Get American Netflix in New Zealand using VPN
- First, sign up with a VPN provider.
- Then, download and install the VPN application to your PC, Mac, Android, iOS device.
- Launch the VPN application and sign in using your VPN account.
- Now, connect to an American VPN server.
- Finally, go to the Netflix website or launch the Netflix application.
- Watch American Netflix in New Zealand.
ExpressVPN also provide their users with Smart DNS proxies that work on PS3, PS4, Xbox, FireTV, Roku, Smart TV, and routers. These devices do not have VPN clients. Therefore, you cannot install VPN directly on them. A Smart DNS proxy enables you to fix that issue.
How to Get US Netflix in New Zealand – Smart DNS Proxy
Unlocator does not support unblocking American Netflix
at the moment. Use ExpressVPN
to watch Netflix abroad. ExpressVPN do offer Smart DNS proxies for compatible devices.
Smart DNS allows you to hide your location from geoblocked channels such as Netflix. Thereby, Netflix will be tricked into thinking you’re an American Netflix user.
- Smart DNS maintains your IP address. This means you get to bypass regional restrictions and use local websites at the same time.
- Chromecast, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, PS4, Xbox, iPhone, Android, PC, Mac and all other streaming devices are compatible with Smart DNS.
- Using Smart DNS allows you to change your Netflix region. Watch American, UK, Canada, Germany, France, Brazil, and Mexico Netflix using one account.
- No need to worry about your Internet speed. Smart DNS doesn’t slow it down.
If you’re new to Smart DNS, I’d suggest trying Unlocator‘s free 7 day trial period. They have around 197 unblocked streaming sites. You can also find videos and setup guides for all your streaming devices.
How to unblock US Netflix in New Zealand – The Lowdown
I prefer Smart DNS proxies to unblock US Netflix in New Zealand. Others find VPN easier to use. Whatever you method you choose to unblock US Netflix in New Zealand is totally up to you.