The Nvidia Shield is probably the best Android TV money can buy. With amazing processing power, it can handle almost anything you can throw at it, including Kodi. However, I had a hard time installing the app back then and I’m here to help you out. Let’s take a look at this guide and learn how to install Kodi 17 on Nvidia Shield TV.
How to Install Krypton 17 on Nvidia Shield via Google Play Store
You need seconds to install Kodi on Nvidia Shield if Google Play is available on your TV Box. All that is required is a few taps here and there and you’re good to go. This is what you have to do.
- Turn on your Nvidia and launch Google Play Store.
- Look for Kodi by entering the name in the search field.
- Now, click on Install and the download will begin.
- Wait a few seconds until the process is finalized.
- Go back to Nvidia Shield’s Home Screen or click Open once the installation is done.
- Enjoy Kodi 17 on Nvidia Shield.
Install Using ES File Explorer
There’s a different way to access Kodi on Android TV without having to resort to Google Play Store. You see, Android gives you the free will to download and install applications from unknown sources.
Security-wise, that’s not recommended. However, it gives you access to a whole different content than your local store can provide. In this part, we’re talking about ES File Explorer‘s method. Here’s how it goes:
- Open the settings menu on the Nvidia Shield and navigate to “Security and Restrictions”
- Set “Unknown Sources” to On.
- Activate the ES File Explorer application.
- Alright, now head over to Tools and click on Download Manager.
- Do you see the “+” sign on the bottom? Tap on that.
- Submit this Path https://thevpn.guru/kodi.apk and click ‘OK’.
- Choose “Download Now”.
- Your file will start downloading.
- Wait a few seconds until it’s done and open your downloaded “apk”.
- Once installed, head back to Nvidia’s Home Screen.
- Launch the Kodi app and have fun.
How to Install Kodi Addons On Nvidia Shield TV
So, you now have the Kodi 17 application on your TV box. What’s left is to learn how to get more video add-ons on it. It’s really easy so don’t worry. I’ll be guiding you through the whole process. Let’s go.
- First, activate the Kodi application and select Add-ons.
- On the next page, click on the Package Installer Icon. You’ll find it on the top left of your screen.
- NOw, hit Install from Repository and navigate to Add-on Repository -> Video Add-ons.
- Select the Add-on you wish to get and tap on install.
- After that, head back to Kodi’s home screen and click on Add-ons.
- You’ll find your downloaded add-on there.
- Click on it and start watching.
Best VPN for Nvidia Shield VPN
Wherever you are, you’re limited to what your region offers in content, in our case, add-ons. Not everything you seek can be found. In order to get around these restrictions, you need a VPN on your Nvidia shield.
A Virtual Private Network helps bypass regional restrictions by re-directing your traffic through a server of your choosing. Just select a country where your add-on is available and you’ll appear to be browsing from that region. As a result, you’ll be able to get this add-on and operate it no matter where you are.
VPNs are security enhancers. When you’re data is being re-channeled, it gets encrypted with high-level security protocols. That keeps away any hacker or cybercriminal who are lurking around to harvest your data when the opportunity comes.
Another benefit of having a VPN is that it hides your online identity. That helps prevent your ISP and government from spying on your day-to-day online activities.
If I were to give my opinion, I suggest you use ExpressVPN. First, this robust VPN has a client for Android TV, which is very beneficial considering how easy is their app to navigate. Not only that, but you can tap into more than 2000 servers in 90+ countries. That’s awesome for someone who’s looking to access restricted content. Your options are not limited to this one online, you can check other Kodi VPNs in the table below.[tableDate]
How to Install Kodi 17 on Nvidia Shield – Conclusion
Getting Kodi 17 on Nvidia Shield is not a hard task. I’ve given you everything you need, it’s your turn now. Once you’re done, give me a shout out in the comment section and tell me how your Nvidia experience has become after getting Kodi on it.