Singapore is a global financial center with a tropical climate and amazing touristic sites. However, site seeing is something and site browsing is another. A Singaporean IP address is “the key” to all online content available in the country. Once you’re out, you are definitely out. That includes streaming channels, websites, and bank accounts. Don’t fret. Changing your IP is not an impossible task. Go through this guide and find out how to obtain a Singaporean IP address regardless of where you might be.
How to Get a Singaporean IP Address From Anywhere
VPN Intro – What to Look For?
A VPN is an internet tool that reroutes your internet traffic through one of its servers via a secure tunnel. If you’re looking for an IP address in Singapore, then find a credible VPN that has servers in that region.
A credible VPN does more than just bypass geographical restrictions. If you want to find one worthy of operating with, it should have the following qualities.
- Military-grade Encryptions: This one is a “make or break standard”. If a VPN is not able to protect you, it’s not doing what a VPN was meant to do.
- A Wide Range of Servers: A credible VPN should have a decent server network in order to access different content around the world. In our case, Singaporean servers are what to look for.
- Reliable Support: In case you face any issues, they should have a 24/7 live chat support to solve your problem.
Some of you get tempted when the word “free” pops up. Not in this industry. Free VPNs are the worst to make use of when you cherish your online privacy. If you operate with one, you’d be putting your private info in jeopardy. These ones sell your logs and activities to sister companies in exchange for profit. How else do you think they pay for their servers if they offer a service for free? Be careful and choose wisely.
How to Get a Singaporean IP Address Abroad
Now to get down to the real deal. All you have to do is connect to a Singaporean server provided by your VPN. Once you connect to a server, your original IP address will be cloaked, meaning that your current location will not be visible to any website or channel you visit. At the same time, you’ll obtain a Singaporean IP address, which will qualify you as a current resident in that territory. As a result, you can visit any website, stream any channel, and log into your bank account back in Singapore with ease.
Let me break it down for you a bit more. Here’s a comprehensive step by step process to get a Singaporean IP address abroad:
- First, get a reputable VPN provider, in other words, a premium one. ExpressVPN would make a great solution to your problem.
- Sign up for their services. You’re not entering blindfolded. You can reclaim whatever you paid within a month period if the service doesn’t meet your expectations.
- Download their VPN client and install it on the device your using. VPNs are mostly compatible with Android, iOS, PC, Mac, or Fire Stick.
- Now, launch the VPN application and enter your credentials. If you’re using ExpressVPN, you’ll be asked to provide a verification code located in your email’s inbox.
- Sign in and find a Singaporean server in the list. Hit connect and wait a few seconds.
- When the connection is established, check for your new IP by using this IP Verifier.
- Finally, surf the internet as if you’re a Singaporean resident.
When it comes to choosing the best VPN for Singapore, I highly suggest you invest in ExpressVPN. Fast servers in every country are what its best at. Not to mention the high level of security you’ll be getting in a country with high censorship practices. If you don’t see eye to eye with what I’m saying, check out the table below and pick an alternative.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
Why Need a Singaporean IP Address
A VPN server in Singapore is quite useful especially for those users who are living abroad. It’s not only about bypassing geographical location while living abroad, but it’s also to protect your data from being harvested by cybercriminals. In addition, Singapore is well known for business. Therefore, whoever is leaving the country must learn that they’ll lose access to bank accounts and other work-related material when abroad. Here are the top reasons why a Singaporean IP address is needed overseas:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: Streaming channels determine your location based on your IP address. This is how they know whether to allow you access or not. The same goes for Singaporean services. If you hold a foreign IP, you’ll lose all access to the channels even if you’re Singaporean. That’s why when you connect to a server in Singapore and obtain an IP address there, you get what you lost once you left your country. Singaporean streaming channels include the following:
- SingTel TV
- Starhub Go
- Enhance Your Privacy: Living in a country with high censorship can ruin your online experience. Not only that, but you can literally get penalized for anything you post on social media. By obtaining a different IP address, you get to protect your identity and approach the internet anonymously. That way, neither your ISP or your government can pinpoint your location or identify you when you’re browsing.
- Protect Your Device: This is not particularly directed to having a Singaporean IP address but to connecting to a server in general. When you tap into a Singaporean server or any other, your data will get encrypted. That will shield your device against any possible attack that may occur. VPN protocols are there to fend off hacking attempts, malware, or any malicious software around. So, it’s pretty essential if you’re online most of the time.
How to Get a Singaporean IP Address Abroad – Final Words
Internet restrictions can be very frustrating for expats as they lose access to all their content once they cross their country’s border on the map. Singaporean expats have a way to tap into what they were deprived of when they left their country, a VPN. With it, you can get a Singaporean IP address even if you’re abroad and never miss a thing your region has to offer.