Spotify arguably is the best online music streaming service. Unfortunately, the songs you are able to listen to differ from one region to another. Additionally, Spotify itself is geoblocked in some countries. (Russia, China, India, UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc.) In this help guide, I will show you how to unblock Spotify outside USA as well as access region blocked songs from anywhere in the world.
Unblock Spotify outside USA with VPN?
To access you favorite tracks on Spotify, you have to spoof your online location. VPN enables you to do by masking your real IP address. Instead, geo-restricted websites and apps will only see the IP address of the VPN server you are connected to. To put it in simple terms, connecting to an American VPN servers gets you a US IP address.
- Connecting to a VPN server encrypts all your traffic. Watch your favorite movies and listen to music without your ISP or hackers eavesdropping on you.
- Setting up VPN is straightforward.
- Download the VPN app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android.
- Connect to a VPN server.
- Enjoy region-blocked content on any websites or app from anywhere in the world.
ExpressVPN works particularly well with Spotify, but you can also use any of the other top VPN providers in the list below to remove geographic restrictions.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
Remove Spotify Region Restrictions with Smart DNS Proxies
If you don’t care about the extra privacy you get with VPN, you can use Smart DNS to unblock Spotify in China, Russia, UAE, India and the rest of the world. Smart DNS does not hide your IP address. It simply takes care of any URL that reveal your location to the geoblocked content you are trying to access.
- You can setup Smart DNS on any device. PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, PS3, PS4, and even Smart TV.
- Smart DNS does not allow you to manually select your region in many cases. The Spotify region you can access depends on the Smart DNS proxy service you are using.
- You can use one Smart DNS configuration to unblock geo-restricted content from different regions simultaneously.
Not all Smart DNS proxy services support Spotify. Jump over to Unlocator if you want to use Smart DNS to listen to your favorite songs anywhere in the world. Unlocator have a free 7-day trial as well as a 14-day refund period in case you decide to sign up.
Spotify Supported Devices
- Windows PC
Remove Spotify Geo-Restrictions with VPN or Smart DNS
Regardless of whether you live in a country where Spotify is not available or in a region where their library is extremely limited, Smart DNS or VPN will allow you to listen to all your favorite tracks anywhere in the world.