Remember that time when I wanted to watch Coronation Street but I was outside the UK, and I couldn’t? No? Anyways, the point is that I was unable to even access itv due to “geo-restrictions”. This basically means that I am not in the right place to watch Coronation Street. I must somehow relocate, appear to be in the UK, and then gain access to itv’s shows. Is that even possible? With a VPN and Smart DNS, yes it is.
Coronation Street is the longest-running British soap. It debuted back in 1960 and has gathered a huge fan base over the years. If you’re a British expat living abroad or a fan of British TV series living in Australia, Canada, or the USA, you might find it difficult to follow your favorite show online. That’s because ITV, the official Coronation Street streaming channel, is blocked abroad. But, we’re going to fix that.
First Step – Create your free ITV Account
Heads up, you still have to sign up for an ITV account so that you can stream itv’s content regardless of whether itv is a free streaming channel. To create your account, you must follow the steps laid out below. That way, you’ll get a free itv account in any country all over the world, including the US, Canada, and Australia.
- First off, head on over to ITV’s website.
- Click on ‘Sign in’, up in the right corner
- Select ‘Sign up now’ on the next page.
- Fill in your information and details. This includes your name, email, and birth date.
- Enter ‘WC1X 0AA for the ‘Postcode’ but without the quotations.
- Tick in a check in the ‘ITV Terms and Condition Box’.
- Lastly, select ‘I’m ready’.
Alright, so now you will receive an email asking you to confirm your account by clicking on the link. Afterward, you’ll be able to use your free ITV account. Now that your account is ready, what left is learning how to use the unblocking tools.
Stream Coronation Street Live Online using VPN
Don’t waste your time with trying to access itv if you were outside the UK because you will only be met with this message: “We’re sorry. ITV Hub is only available to viewers in the UK” or this “We’re sorry. This video isn’t available right now.” Both are incredibly annoying, so thank go for the existence of a VPN. Otherwise, how are Brtish expats and soap fans supposed to watch Coronation Street?
Once you connect to a VPN, you’ll first be gaining security, and second gaining a new IP address. How so? Your VPN reroutes your online traffic and data through one of the servers you choose, encrypting it first then giving it the IP address that matches that of the server- located in the place you selected.
Basically, a virtual private network grants you a UK IP address that allows you to access and stream British streaming channels despite your place o residency. So, follow these steps, to become a virtual UK local and unblock itv:
- Get a subscription with a reliable VPN provider. Avoid at all costs free VPNs like Hola. Free VPNs can compromise your online security and put your data at risk.
- Create a VPN account and sign up for it.
- From the VPN’s website, download and install the app.
- Now, launch the application.
- Scan the VPN server list and connect to a UK one.
- As a result, you will appear to be online with a British IP address.
- Unblock all of the UK channels you want anywhere.
Best VPN for itv’s Coronation Street
Don’t you want to unblock BBC iPlayer, TVPlayer, Channel 4, Channel 5, and of course ITV Player? Then there’s no better VPN than ExpressVPN. Aside from its incredible features and impressive services, ExpressVPN’s large server network made of thousands of servers in 94 countries makes it worth the subscription. Think of the possibilities, and your ability to connect from any country because there’s always a server in close proximity to where you are.
More importantly, you can use ExpressVPN on all platforms: PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad, Roku, Now TV, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon FireStick. Don’t worry if you didn’t like the service, you can benefit from the 30-day refund guarantee, which allows you to get a refund should you not like the services. You can also check out other VPN services to unblock itv and watch Coronation Street live online.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Watch Coronation Street Free Online with Smart DNS
If a VPN did not meet your requirements, you can resort to a SmartDNS proxy. It’s another unblocking method that can get you itv abroad, but it’s not the same as a VPN in terms of security. You know how with a VPN your IP address gets masked and changes. Well, that’s not the case with a SmartDNS. Keeping you safe online is a VPN’s job, a Smart DNS is responsible for getting you unblocked content. It successfully does so by rerouting the data that determines your geo-location through one of its designated servers, resulting in you gaining access to restricted content.
That’s because you get to appear in a place different than your own. That place so happens to be where the content you want to access is based. A Smart DNS is also compatible with all platforms mentioned above with the exception of Roku and Now TV. Keep in mind that what you get to access depends on the Smart DNS you subscribe to. This is how you use a Smart DNS to unblock ITV and stream Coronation Street free live online outside the UK:
- Make an Unlocator subscription and benefit from a free 7-day trial.
- You can follow these videos/setup tutorial in order to configure the Smart DNS on your device.
- Now, visit the ITV website or open the ITV Player app.
- Sign in using the ITV account you created- which we explained above.
- Finally, stream Coronation street literally anywhere you want and anywhere you are.
Unlocator is worth your consideration and selection because it was the only one that granted me access to itv. However, the company’s free 7-day trial is as encouraging as it is disappointing. Although you have nothing to lose when trying it out, you might feel like you need more time to think. Plus, it’s capable of unblocking over 200 channels without affecting your speed. How about that?
How to Watch Coronation Street Free Anywhere?
British TV fanatics can now stream Coronation Street in any place if they have a VPN or Smart DNS. Your priorities really have everything to do with what you choose, and we would love to know which method you think would suit you best? Write them down in the comment section below. Feel free to ask us any questions that you may have about anything.
8 thoughts on “How to Watch Coronation Street outside UK Online”
Express VPN worked great for a long time but now it fails
Whenever I try to watch coronation street in the uk from Australia it won’t work
Hi Lorraine. What VPN are you using at the moment? What issues are you running into?
I am using it in Canada with Express VPN
and it is very good and never fails
Will I need a smart TV to access this program and will it work in Australia
Hello Dennis. A Smart TV isn’t necessary. You can watch Coronation Street on any device that is compatible with ITV. This includes PC, Mac, Android, FireStick, iOS, and Apple TV.
Hi I love corrie
Hi We live in Portugal and use the amazon tv fire sticks to watch uk tv using kodi and Filmon. NOw that filmon is chargeable I tried every VPN that you advertise but none of them managed to disguise our location so we were unable to view any of the catch up UK TV apps, can you give me any advice as their support people were unable to help